end of SIU game on free video

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Wow!!

That was great, I wish I could have been there!!!!
I wonder if they have some of the olders films that they could put on there? Like the IU game at home when menser hit the threes? That would be fun to watch, just a idea!!

GO STATE!!

Annoying Messages Should Be Eliminated

Thanks for posting. However, I hope that the "3 Points" message was not flashed onto the screen during the actual webcast. Anybody who did not know that was a three-point shot would not be, and should not be, watching. For some reason, people in many college audio-visual departments throughout the nation have concluded that fans who pay money to subscribe to webcasts of college basketball games would rather have their vision of the game blocked by an annoying message that watch the game. In this instance there was a timeout, so it was not crucial. However, in many instances, I have watched an ISU opponent's webcast and missed an ISU basket while the AV department was blocking my vision of the game by flashing signs and replays of a prior play. Wichita State is a good/bad example. I have refused to renew subscriptions because of it.

Thanks for posting. However, I hope that the "3 Points" message was not flashed onto the screen during the actual webcast. Anybody who did not know that was a three-point shot would not be, and should not be, watching. For some reason, people in many college audio-visual departments throughout the nation have concluded that fans who pay money to subscribe to webcasts of college basketball games would rather have their vision of the game blocked by an annoying message that watch the game. In this instance there was a timeout, so it was not crucial. However, in many instances, I have watched an ISU opponent's webcast and missed an ISU basket while the AV department was blocking my vision of the game by flashing signs and replays of a prior play. Wichita State is a good/bad example. I have refused to renew subscriptions because of it.

Sage......
That's the same visual that was on the Hulman Center scoreboard after he hit the shot. I'm guessing the website is using the same cameras as Hulman Center is for their webcast. Maybe that's why there is a Sycamorevision now?

SycamoreSage...I watched the game via SycamoreVision and I agree...I was annoyed when that graphic came up.

Did anybody else think it was kind of cheesy for maybe a third of the student section to rush the court after beating a team that had a losing record? Same thing happened for the Purdue game last year, after the horn sounded only a handful of students rushed the court. If you're going to rush the court make sure it's a quality win and make sure the whole section does it as well. Now the IU game in 05 was a good example of how it's done.

Did anybody else think it was kind of cheesy for maybe a third of the student section to rush the court after beating a team that had a losing record? Same thing happened for the Purdue game last year, after the horn sounded only a handful of students rushed the court. If you're going to rush the court make sure it's a quality win and make sure the whole section does it as well. Now the IU game in 05 was a good example of how it's done.

I'm sorry it wasn't to your liking.

Last edited:

http://www.sycamorehoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992&page=3

See reply #28

I agree, but it was a double overtime win and we did win on a last second shot that is the only reason I thought it was ok. Even though SIU had a losing record they are still a good team. I dont think there is anything wrong with students being enthusiastic after a win like that. It also had been a long time since we had beaten SIU.

The "Foul" sign, "3 points" and sometimes even "2 points" signs come up throughout each webcast. It's a little frustrating considering the cost of a season for SycamoreVision. I've been very fortunate not to have really missed a ton during these signs...the opposition is usually nice enough to show a little patience on offense while these signs are on the webcasts...

Back