FBI has arrested several NCAA assistant basketball coaches in a corruption scheme

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
this guy is good at getting his name out there. if that's the result you are looking for he has to be considered a success.

I believe some of his allegations against Nike, but dude you are still guilty of extortion!!

If it's true, right?

Everyone on both sides are innocent until proven guilty. There have been some college basketball conspiracy theories out there that the charges were fake because Nike was already being investigated as part of the Adidas scandal and he may have shot his load too early. He's certainly going all scorched Earth now.

Find it hilarious that all of this was basically swept under the rug. If you though there was truly nothing, here is the actual wiretap call. Dude, if I'm Indiana State, I'm cheating every chance I get. Gotta play by the P5 rules.

"We could compensate him better then the rookie minimum."

The NBA rookie minimum in 2019 was $893k and change.

Last edited:
Find it hilarious that all of this was basically swept under the rug. If you though there was truly nothing, here is the actual wiretap call. Dude, if I'm Indiana State, I'm cheating every chance I get. Gotta play by the P5 rules.

The schools are the real victims here, Jason. Can’t you see that?!?!?!

HBO just release a documentary last night called “The Scheme,” which peels back the onion a little on this scandal. I would say that a few coaches won’t survive this, but we all know that‘s not true.

Given that the NCAA has burned through a TON of their "cash reserves," and there'll be no 2020 Big Dance to add to the accounts -- it'll be VERY interesting how many schools pare the scholies, teams, amenitites...

Have to wonder if the COVID-19 outbreak will lead some schools to "return/revert" to a more appropriate level...

I just watched The Scheme on HBO. It’s well worth your time if you have HBO and get the chance to watch it. I won’t give anything away, but a couple things stuck out:

- Sean Miller and Will Wade are so, so guilty of knowingly paying players. They were so brazen it’s like they didn’t even care if they were caught.
- Creighton has a history of paying players. In fact, they kind of use them as an extreme example to even show how “no-name” schools are paying players. As a contrast to the Louisville‘s of the world, I guess.

It focuses more on the individuals involved rather than the system as a whole, but still an entertaining 2 hours nonetheless.

If you've not watched this doc, it's incredible. If you wonder why the college basketball scandal just disappeared, this does a good job explaining why.

What's truly amazing is that after the time and money the FBI spent on this case, they didn't get any big fish, the coaches that blantenly cheat are all still employed (minus some asst coaches who were fall guys) and nothing has really changed about college basketball.

What's truly amazing is that after the time and money the FBI spent on this case, they didn't get any big fish, the coaches that blantenly cheat are all still employed (minus some asst coaches who were fall guys) and nothing has really changed about college basketball.

Right all because one guy wouldn't play ball. I'd imagine Dawkins got PayPalled by hundreds of people for not rolling over. Those wiretaps with Miller and Wade were just tits, especially paired with their presser footage.

Louisville served notice for more allegations.

It was mentioned in that article that Creighton was also under investigation along with a few others. I would absolutely love to see them get put on probation.

Iona is pretty stupid for hiring Pitino's crooked ass.
They probably felt they took a calculated risk. If he turns them into a high profile East coast school, they won't care. If he doesn't get hit with show-cause or additional penalties, again, they'll likely be okay with it.

Back