[February 16, 2020] Indiana State (14-10) vs Missouri State (12-14)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
ISU is a DraftKings cash cow. Nothing like making money on Mr. Predictable. If I continue to hit by the Thursday Play-In I can write a check for his buyout. What a rush.

ISU is a DraftKings cash cow. Nothing like making money on Mr. Predictable. If I continue to hit by the Thursday Play-In I can write a check for his buyout. What a rush.

Congratulations on your success.

Sherard Clinkscales' phone # is (812) 237-4092

Give him a call, he can provide the specs of how to get them the $$

Maybe hold some back to help fund the national search for the successor

Still regardless of anything that has been said here yesterday or today if Arch Madness started today we're still a 5th place team. So all you sell outs running on here to try and convince everyone the sky is falling - not buying it. You're the same people that have been out on the program the entire season - why should we be buyers now?? 5th place in the Mo Val with the #1 team coming in on Thursday and you're out?? No wonder the program isn't a constant winner - the fringe fan base that bails on the program every February when a little adversity hits... Take a look in the mirror!

Above all that - it's mid major college basketball... Ya all can lose your collective minds all you want. At the end of the day the NCAA is a joke of an organization that has a system set up for mid major college basketball programs to never meet your expectations. So if you want people to get fired and you want lives to get disrupted then be my guest... I'm not going to allow the NCAA to corrupt my mind and how people get treated because of the broken system that they've created. As long as the following criteria is met I hope no one ever gets fired from a single mid major college basketball program...

You run a clean program, you have alumni support, you have donor support, you're players are graduating, you're involved in the community, you're not a buffoon on the sideline collecting T's when things don't go right - these are the standards at which I'm going to judge the program. Everyone wants to win - when the system is broken it can't always be about 1st place.

Good luck fellas - go get a win on Thursday! If not Thursday - go get the next one... Life as a mid-major.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your success.

Sherard Clinkscales' phone # is (812) 237-4092

Give him a call, he can provide the specs of how to get them the $$

Maybe hold some back to help fund the national search for the successor

I’ve got his number. Parlaying is where the bell may toll. Always bet against the Trees. They never disappoint. Word is Clink has his man picked. Whether that’s true remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I’ve got his number. Parlaying is where the bell may toll. Always bet against the Trees. They never disappoint. Word is Clink has his man picked. Whether that’s true remains to be seen.

That's really good news, hopefully you have it on speed dial

Clink has his man picked...

Curt Mallory is 12-22 (.353) and has an 0-11 season
Vicky Hall is 15-40 (.273) and this season alone is 4-21

Still regardless of anything that has been said here yesterday or today if Arch Madness started today we're still a 5th place team. So all you sell outs running on here to try and convince everyone the sky is falling - not buying it. You're the same people that have been out on the program the entire season - why should we be buyers now?? 5th place in the Mo Val with the #1 team coming in on Thursday and you're out?? No wonder the program isn't a constant winner - the fringe fan base that bails on the program every February when a little adversity hits... Take a look in the mirror!

Above all that - it's mid major college basketball... Ya all can lose your collective minds all you want. At the end of the day the NCAA is a joke of an organization that has a system set up for mid major college basketball programs to never meet your expectations. So if you want people to get fired and you want lives to get disrupted then be my guest... I'm not going to allow the NCAA to corrupt my mind and how people get treated because of the broken system that they've created. As long as the following criteria is met I hope no one ever gets fired from a single mid major college basketball program...

You run a clean program, you have alumni support, you have donor support, you're players are graduating, you're involved in the community, you're not a buffoon on the sideline collecting T's when things don't go right - these are the standards at which I'm going to judge the program. Everyone wants to win - when the system is broken it can't always be about 1st place.

Good luck fellas - go get a win on Thursday! If not Thursday - go get the next one... Life as a mid-major.

One of the best posts ever. This is exactly spot on imo.

That's really good news, hopefully you have it on speed dial

Clink has his man picked...

Curt Mallory is 12-22 (.353) and has an 0-11 season
Vicky Hall is 15-40 (.273) and this season alone is 4-21

That makes Mallory 12-11 the last 2 seasons.

So see you in St Louis??? Your words you only support them there if you think they have a chance .

So see you in St Louis??? Your words you only support them there if you think they have a chance .

I only spend my money on hotel, food and ticket accommodations in St Louis if I think they have a chance - is actually the premise of that statement just so we’re clear.

You got a lot of good Sycamore fans that can go to STL and enjoy themselves regardless of the outcome of the game - I get way too emotionally invested and it ruins my weekend if they underperform.

I don’t think they have a chance in STL - but that’s why they roll the ball out. So not planning on going to STL as of now.

I don't have much faith we will stay out of Thursday. If we lose to UNI we are in 6th in a best case scenario. Then we will probably be lucky to win at Evansville. They have been playing much better lately and I see that one as a potential loss. Then we get sent down to the slaughterhouse in Carbondale. Valpo is probably our best chance at a win.

So barring an upset against UNI if we lose to Evansville it's over for us. Then we also have to beat Valpo after that. We lost to a bad Redbirds team on the road and at home to a team that we just beat by 10 not long ago. It's just not looking good and it seems like the wheels have already started to come off.

Last edited:

In response to SSOM. I think most people that post on this board are probably die hard fans. Some fans might be checking out on us after 3 straight losses but this city checked out on us 5 years ago. We have to do more than finish 6th to get people in Terre Haute to support us. If we were 14-11, but 10-4 in MVC play we would probably have 7000 people (maybe more) show up Thursday night. 7-7 just doesn't cut it and people are not going to get excited over that. We've won 2 games on the road all year. We just aren't that good and ugly losses to ILST and MSU show that. I don't think anyone considers us to be a contender in St Louis at this point in the season and that is why people are checking out.

Last edited:
Id be surprised if that many people showed up on a thursday night. Its a bad time of year to get non wednesday/weekend attendance

"the fringe fan base that bails on the program every February when a little adversity hits"... a little adversity ............. almost every damned February thank you. Being top 3 in the league once in awhile is too high of an expectation? Mediocrity - almost .500 basketball year after year is not acceptable to most in Indiana especially. No wonder not many make the effort to attend the games. If it is a bad movie why go watch it? I never have seen so much talent wasted as this season. Two 1st or 2nd place All-MVC pre-season players, a couple of talented frosh playing beyond their age and lo and behold we have another almost .500 season about to come to a conclusion. If they manage to pull off a couple of wins & go a game or two over .500 is that a "feel good" winning season for most fans or just ISU fans? That wouldn't play at Ball State even.

Yes it was. I don’t think he planned to lose his star qb. My prediction for the 2020 season is 8-3. Losses to ndsu, SDSU, SIU.

True, kinda like 2006 when Waltman lost David Moss for an extended stretch with a torn hamstring... Trees only went 0-8 (or so) with Moss not playing

"shocking" how teams are affected by injuries to players

I wouldn't be surprised. He's had those cupping markings on his shoulder for the last few games.

on the ESPN+ replay its at 1:38:38 and 2:20 in the 4th on the game clock. Not sure what happened an the video shows the trainer pushing around on his shoulder so I wonder if its a strained muscle or a ligament.

Back