[February 17, 2021] Indiana State (12-8) vs. Evansville (8-11)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

image_handler.aspx

Senior Tyreke Key scored a career-high 34 points while sophomore Tre Williams added a career-best 23 to lead Indiana State over Evansville 87-73 on Senior Night Wednesday, Feb. 17 in Hulman Center.

More...

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Congrats to Key, Lansing, and the entire team! wasn't able to tune in because of work but it sounded like Key figured out he wants that Larry Bird trophy. Clink better make sure his hire (if Lansing isn't retained) wins 20 games a year consistently because this decision could be the death blow to his AD career here. At this point Lansing deserves a 2 year extension. At one point this season I thought we had the worst team in the MVC and here we are fighting for 3rd in a MVC with 2 teams in and hovering around the top 25 all season.

The Pseudo Pace of Play & (JL)E2 Report:

First Half:
>10 Seconds on shot clock: FG= 16/20; 7 fouls drawn; 0 Offenive Rbd; 2 turnovers (two quick putbacks on the late offensive rebounds)
<10 seconds on shot clock: FG = 0/5; 0 fouls drawn; 2 offensive rebounds; 0 turnovers
Julian Larry: 12 minutes & +1 on +/-; Jake Laravia: 11 minutes & +3 on +/-; Cam Bacote: 8.5 minutes & -1 on +/1

Second Half:
> 10 seconds on shot clock: FG = 13/21; 5 offensive rebounds; 3 fouls drawn, 4 turnovers
<10 seconds on shot clock: FG = 6/8; 0 offensive rebounds; 0 fouls drawn; 2 turnovers
Julian Larry: 13 minutes & +12 on +/-; Jake Laravia: 11 minutes & +8 on +/-; Cam Bacote: 7.5 minutes & -5 on +/-

Game:
>10 seconds on shot clock: 29/41 FG; 10 fouls drawn; 5 Offensive Rbds; 6 turnovers
<10 seconds on shot clock: 6/13 FG; 0 fouls drawn; 2 offensive rebounds; 2 turnovers
===================================================================

Game: Julian Larry: 25 minutes & +13 (ISU book has him +15); Laravia 22 minutes & +11; Bacote 16 minutes & -6

Larry & Laravia on floor together: 15.5 minutes & +10 on +/-.

Thanks Hooper for that insight. The negative garbage about Lansing all the time is why I have not been on this site much for months. What I want is a site where I can hear what's going on behind the scenes with the team, what recruits we have coming in, the real low-down, not constant griping about a good coach every time the opponent goes on a 6-0 run. I'm really tired of all that.

Walk-on Mervis with a bucket to seal it.

Sycamores 87, Aces 73 is your final.

maybe a lil' bit of salt for lickliter...

8th consecutive win over the Deuces!

Congrats to Key for a career high, hell - 28 in the 2nd half alone!
Congrats to Tre Williams on HIS career high (23), 20 in the 1st half

Hoping Coop is starting the next two vs. the Uhlans!

Go Trees!

Man it was fun watching Tyreke’s 2nd half rampage! Please do this is St. Louis! Or better yet, next year in the blue and white.

Thanks Hooper for that insight. The negative garbage about Lansing all the time is why I have not been on this site much for months. What I want is a site where I can hear what's going on behind the scenes with the team, what recruits we have coming in, the real low-down, not constant griping about a good coach every time the opponent goes on a 6-0 run. I'm really tired of all that.
Honestly... You get all of that on here. You don’t need to pay attention to what you don’t care to see. It’s pretty easy to tune out really. Those who have pushed that narrative have been few and far between. It’s the reality of sports - college sports.

Hooper isn’t wrong by any means. He’s not wrong about the lack of support and conversation after a win vs. the shit when we lose. But that is two sided... Lansing teams have fallen apart in February. They’ve gotten teeth kicked in come STL. It’s not totally unfounded as to why people don’t get “hype”.

I don’t understand why after all this time why anyone would care or get too caught up in the negativity. I’m really here for anyone who wants to talk about:

1. Winning 8 of 9

2. Key being the Player of the Year in the Valley

3. Key playing a 5th season if Lansing is retained

4. If Lansing isn’t retained Key = gone JakeLa = gone Tre Williams = gone. You wanna go down that road?

5. Lansing can’t get blown the hell out in STL.

But getting caught up in certain threads on any given forum is a waste of time guys. I’m sorry but just avoid them if you can’t handle it.

I had to work tonight and couldn’t comment during the game, but I’m really proud of the coaching staff and the players. Just a shame we haven’t been able to watch this team in person. Keep it going guys.

Honestly... You get all of that on here. You don’t need to pay attention to what you don’t care to see. It’s pretty easy to tune out really. Those who have pushed that narrative have been few and far between. It’s the reality of sports - college sports.

Hooper isn’t wrong by any means. He’s not wrong about the lack of support and conversation after a win vs. the shit when we lose. But that is two sided... Lansing teams have fallen apart in February. They’ve gotten teeth kicked in come STL. It’s not totally unfounded as to why people don’t get “hype”.

I don’t understand why after all this time why anyone would care or get too caught up in the negativity. I’m really here for anyone who wants to talk about:

1. Winning 8 of 9

2. Key being the Player of the Year in the Valley

3. Key playing a 5th season if Lansing is retained

4. If Lansing isn’t retained Key = gone JakeLa = gone Tre Williams = gone. You wanna go down that road?

5. Lansing can’t get blown the hell out in STL.

But getting caught up in certain threads on any given forum is a waste of time guys. I’m sorry but just avoid them if you can’t handle it.
"Avoid them if you can't handle it". I believe that is what I said I have done. It's near impossible to avoid. My feeling is that it dominates the site and is unjust.

maybe a lil' bit of salt for lickliter...

8th consecutive win over the Deuces!

Congrats to Key for a career high, hell - 28 in the 2nd half alone!
Congrats to Tre Williams on HIS career high (23), 20 in the 1st half

Hoping Coop is starting the next two vs. the Uhlans!

Go Trees!
Since it often occurs that Miller and Neese substitute for each other and both are playing significant (20-25) minutes, I thought I would delve into the numbers from this recent game which I know is a snapshot.

First Half: Neese 10.5 minutes & 0 +/-; Miller 12.5 minutes +7 +/-
Second Half: Neese 10.5 minutes +5 +/-; Miller 13 minutes +5 +/-
Game: Neese 21 minutes +5 +/1 and Miller 25.5 minutes 12 +/-

On floor together: Game: 8.5 minutes and +8 +/- (that is impressive so perhaps both need to be on the floor together if borne out by more data??)

For this game at least, it worked well for the team as both played well.

Maybe it was mentioned on here before, but what a monster game Tre had. I sure hope we have he and Jake for two more years.

Maybe it was mentioned on here before, but what a monster game Tre had. I sure hope we have he and Jake for two more years.

just a blurb -- mark golden covers it in today's "down in the valley" at the trib-star website

or three.
I see Tre is about 3.8 in Bus Man. He may want to work on a grad degree.

If we have all of our SO and FR 2 years from now, I think our team will be pretty special.

Back