[February 20, 2020] Indiana State (14-11) vs Northern Iowa (22-4)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

So, um, we just beat the #1 team in the league (a team that is an NCAA at-large caliber team) and are positioned to possibly finish in the top half of the MVC. Our NET is going to skyrocket tomorrow. Anyone happy? Anyone?

I can think of two twits who are NOT happy with this win!

Great to win; Great to control the most of the game

Need to ignore the clock, keep playing

Screw the prevent|slow down "style"

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
So, um, we just beat the #1 team in the league (a team that is an NCAA at-large caliber team) and are positioned to possibly finish in the top half of the MVC. Our NET is going to skyrocket tomorrow. Anyone happy? Anyone?

I am. Hoping we take the success with us on the road.

Great win guys. I'm not gonna fixate on the last 7 or so minutes much. They got hot and we got caught watching the clock. Huge free throws down the stretch by CWill. The first 30 minutes were a clinic. The defense was the difference. Several good performances, but I want to give to give a shout out to Cooper. He's struggling with his shot for sure and went scoreless. But he had some great assists and I thought was great on defense, especially his first half stint on Green. Go Sycamores!

This place would have been full of people if we'd have lost that one. Hang on for a big win, and not so much.

Would you have rather us came back from 20 down?

Would rather not see us blow 21 point second half leads. This should have been a double digit game. We were up 18 with less than 7 minutes to go and we let them almost come back and beat us. Like I said I am happy we won, but not exactly happy with how we won.

First off I would like to take a little credit for the win tonight. I went to the grocery store and then home after work. I figured they had a better chance to win if I stayed away. The second thought is that maybe since they almost blew it but didn’t, they will not get the big head like they may have after the Loyola game. Good night everyone, especially Canada.

Sycamores Lead Wire To Wire To Take Down League Leading Northern Iowa

image_handler.aspx

Indiana State never trailed and raced out to 17-point halftime lead over league-leading Northern Iowa and survived a late Panther rally to win, 67-64 in front of 3,765 fans inside Hulman Center on Thursday evening.

More...

- Happy for CW. Guy who has dealt with injuries and struggled to find his role on the team has outside of Laravia been our most consistent player the past month..Those FT's were clutch and despite Green's numbers I thought he had to work to get them.
- Key- Was able to play..Some issues with that shoulder after the last game combine with his recent struggles led me to think he would at best give us a meh performance..he was darn good on both ends.
- Laravia..love the confidence on the 3's and even more than that loved that when he made a few he didn't just linger out there to settle for J's. He stayed in attack mode and then if they don't respect the J you hit them with it..if he stays out of foul trouble like tonight he is a near walking double-double.

-Neese struggled to hit shots and just hasn't gotten into any sort of groove offensively in ages...BUT he was solid on defense and made some excellent extra passes. He has proven he just wants to win and is unselfish, but we gotta get him to take and knock down his looks to make noise in the Lou.

- the bench is still giving us close to zero.. you can't win 3 in a row in STL with no bench. BK and Neese had some solid defensive plays..but basically we had 4 guys carry us on offense tonight.

-the best news of the night is somewhere Hoopsfan is pissed..

Last edited:

CW has had a hell of a year! Tonight was good stuff - he’s on a little bit of a Manny Arop type of run for a major program to ISU. Living up to his billing.

This O goes as one guy goes?! Jake La. If that outside shot is going, his passing is going, his post game is gone - get the F out of the way! That first half was all Jake La. his shot opened it all up for us. We went away from him in the 2nd half until the bucket with 30 seconds left.

Look JB was great. Key was great. Jake is the dude... Get him the ball and run O through him. (Side note make a FT though)

Bacot. Brons. Cobie. Someone has to come up with something off the bench. Thought Brons had a good D stretch and fought inside! Beyond that nuthin!!

Last edited:
CW has had a hell of a year! Tonight was good stuff - he’s on a little bit of a Manny Arop type of run for a major program to ISU. Living up to his billing.

This O goes as one guy goes?! Jake La. If that outside shot is going, his passing is going, his post game is gone - get the F out of the way! That first half was all Jake La. his shot opened it all up for us. We went away from him in the 2nd half until the bucket with 30 seconds left.

Look JB was great. Key was great. Jake is the dude... Get him the ball and run O through him. (Side note make a FT though)

Bacot. Brons. Cobie. Someone has to come up with something off the bench. Thought Brons had a good D stretch and fought inside! Beyond that nuthin!!

I will say it now and will say it all off-season if I have to..if we don't Seth Tuttle this shit and run the offense through him next yr at the 3pt/high post area?? We are dumb.. dude is a swiss army knife on offense. Hard nosed in the paint, good passer, solid handler, and can hit shots..if he gets away from the dumb fouls sky is the limit

Sycamores Lead Wire To Wire To Take Down League Leading Northern Iowa

image_handler.aspx

Indiana State never trailed and raced out to 17-point halftime lead over league-leading Northern Iowa before surviving a late Panther rally to win, 67-64 in front of 3,765 fans inside Hulman Center on Thursday evening.

More...

Bacote has no confidence and looks checked out. I thought Cobie gave us some solid minutes and didn't make mistakes, other than a quick 3 in the second half during our drought. You gotta give Coop some love for his defense and passing. He competed even though he's not hitting shots.

ISU had 4 bench points tonight. FOUR. Won the game but gonna need more than that. Only 6 turnovers tonight. That was huge. Lost the rebounding battle 35-29. But ISU had 5 steals and and 4 blocks. LaRavia was huge on the defensive end tonight. He prevented multiple buckets at the rim tonight. iSU held the UNI offense to 28% from 3. 18 assists on 24 FG's is pretty good. Held Green in check for the most part. He kinda got hot at the end and got UNI back in it. Great game and the crowd was into it. Hate to nitpick but the HC is so quiet throughout the game. I could hear almost everything Lansing was yelling out.

- Happy for CW. Guy who has dealt with injuries and struggled to find his role on the team has outside of Laravia been our most consistent player the past month..Those FT's were clutch and despite Green's numbers I thought he had to work to get them.
- Key- Was able to play..Some issues with that shoulder after the last game combine with his recent struggles led me to think he would at best give us a meh performance..he was darn good on both ends.
- Laravia..love the confidence on the 3's and even more than that loved that when he made a few he didn't just linger out there to settle for J's. He stayed in attack mode and then if they don't respect the J you hit them with it..if he stays out of foul trouble like tonight he is a near walking double-double.

-Neese struggled to hit shots and just hasn't gotten into any sort of groove offensively in ages...BUT he was solid on defense and made some excellent extra passes. He has proven he just wants to win and is unselfish, but we gotta get him to take and knock down his looks to make noise in the Lou.

- the bench is still giving us close to zero.. you can't win 3 in a row in STL with no bench. BK and Neese had some solid defensive plays..but basically we had 4 guys carry us on offense tonight.

-the best news of the night is somewhere Hoopsfan is pissed..

agree on CW's consistency, has been in double figures 3 of 5 games, 9 pts in that streak as well

Congrats to JB on cracking the 1,500 point mark; held scoreless in 2nd half but Trees still notch the win

Will be fun to watch Laravia for the next three seasons - hell of a steal from the Power 5 clubs

Also good to see Key playing better; entire team needs to play consistent for remainder of season

Agree on the best news; Hoopsfan is likely clutching his fellow Lansing haters in some warped "group hug," questioning how their hatred could come unspooled via UNI

Last edited:
I won a storage auction and listened to the game while I was cleaning out the unit. Great game outside of a few little lapses.

Again, consistency is the key. This team can be great when they're hitting shots which makes it so frustrating when they're not. Anyhow, that was a game we desperately needed and took.

I won a storage auction and listened to the game while I was cleaning out the unit. Great game outside of a few little lapses.

Again, consistency is the key. This team can be great when they're hitting shots which makes it so frustrating when they're not. Anyhow, that was a game we desperately needed and took.

How many "treasures" will you be able to pawn off on the crowd at Pawn Stars?

Remember, it's NEVER "just a duffle bag of ca$h"

Back