[February 6, 2021] Indiana State (10-7) at Northern Iowa (5-11)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
282.gif
vs.
2460.gif

Indiana State Sycamores (10-7, 7-5) vs. Northern Iowa Panthers (5-11, 3-7)

McLeod Center - Cedar Falls, IA
Saturday, February 6, 2021
6:00 PM EST Tip

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
ESPN has us a 70/30 dog per their BPI.

UNI's 5 wins this year have come against NAIA St. Ambrose (the Fighting Bees), a 10 point win vs. Missouri State, a 6 point win vs. Bradley, a 10 point win vs D3 Coe (the Kowhawks), and a 12 point win at SIU. In all of their conference wins, their losses were 79-59 to MSU, 75-73 to Bradley, and 71-68 to SIU.

So they are 2-2 at home against MVC foes with those Missouri State and Bradley series. In all three Valley wins, they shot 50%+ from the field.

ESPN has us a 70/30 dog per their BPI.

UNI's 5 wins this year have come against NAIA St. Ambrose (the Fighting Bees), a 10 point win vs. Missouri State, a 6 point win vs. Bradley, a 10 point win vs D3 Coe (the Kowhawks), and a 12 point win at SIU. In all of their conference wins, their losses were 79-59 to MSU, 75-73 to Bradley, and 71-68 to SIU.

So they are 2-2 at home against MVC foes with those Missouri State and Bradley series. In all three Valley wins, they shot 50%+ from the field.
we're getting no respect. Hope the guys come out swinging. I think this is another sweep opportunity, but a split will be fine.

I actually think this series is more sweepable than Eville or Valpo. I think Licklighter is doing a good job and Valpo has some athleticism we struggle with.

Hard not to feel like this is a trap game after winning 6 in a row and maybe riding a bit too high. But, UNI is not all that good either and this is not a true road game like it would be with fans in the stands. I think we’ve shown a grit and determination to get 2 wins at UNI, but like others I will hope for a sweep but be content with a split.

I find it hard to believe we're gonna win two in two days, in Frostbite Falls.

BUT...it's not out of the realm of possibility!

I find it hard to believe we're gonna win two in two days, in Frostbite Falls.

BUT...it's not out of the realm of possibility!
We always seem to play pretty darn well in frosty falls. I think we actually have the best win percentage there compared to any of their opponents. Pretty good track record considering they’ve probably been around a top 60 program for more than a decade.

We always seem to play pretty darn well in frosty falls. I think we actually have the best win percentage there compared to any of their opponents. Pretty good track record considering they’ve probably been around a top 60 program for more than a decade.

recent count puts us at 10-19 (.345) there vs. 22-9 in Hulman/neutral sites vs. the purple kittens...
about half the losses have been 10+ point deficits, only 2 OT gms

there may be some games I've missed...

How many losses has the great GL accumulated? Bean counters only count the good beans.

How many losses has the great GL accumulated? Bean counters only count the good beans.

Once again, you're incorrect.

Bad and/or unethical bean counters count "good beans"

Legitimate bean counters count ALL beans.

Prior the Miami Dolphins perfect season in 1972 and Super Bowl win in Jan 1973; Don Shula's reputation was "he can't win the big one." The Dolphins beat the 'Skins and that reputation changed.

The Trees could close out the season on a 7-game losing streak, Lansing's leaves for other work else where but he'd still have an overall winning record of the Trees (176-168 .512) with a losing record ( 98-100 .495) in the Valley

Bad and/or unethical bean counters count "good beans"

Legitimate bean counters count ALL beans.

Bad beans, good beans, unethical beans, ALL Beans, Legitimate beans....

I thought you only smoked WEED on the weekends.

Beans Beans a Musical Fruit
The more we eat
the more 4q toots
the more 4q toots
the better we feel
so let's have assorted 4q beans for every meal.

Overall: 176-161
Home: 108-44
Road: 48-90
Neutral: 20-27
Conference: 98-94

Bradley: 16-6
Creighton: 2-5
Drake: 10-12
Evansville: 16-8
Illinois State: 14-10
Loyola: 9-10
Missouri State: 8-16
Northern Iowa: 12-8
Southern Illinois: 13-11
Valparaiso: 4-5
Wichita State: 2-15

That work for you?

Overall: 176-161
Home: 108-44
Road: 48-90
Neutral: 20-27
Conference: 98-94

Bradley: 16-6
Creighton: 2-5
Drake: 10-12
Evansville: 16-8
Illinois State: 14-10
Loyola: 9-10
Missouri State: 8-16
Northern Iowa: 12-8
Southern Illinois: 13-11
Valparaiso: 4-5
Wichita State: 2-15

That work for you?
I stand corrected Jason. The "great gl" is into his 11th year not his 10th of being an overall ".500 coach" .... season average not including this current yet unfinished season ... W's 16.9 L's 15.6 / MVC W's 9.1 L's 8.9 ....... treading water. ISU can do better!

I stand corrected Jason. The "great gl" is into his 11th year not his 10th of being an overall ".500 coach" .... season average not including this current yet unfinished season ... W's 16.9 L's 15.6 / MVC W's 9.1 L's 8.9 ....... treading water. ISU can do better!

bitch all you want, no coach at ISU has more MVC wins total or a higher annual avg than Lansing
he has more wins vs. ranked opponents than any other div I ISU coach; hodges set the record, Lansing has tied it - arguably with less talent than Hodges had in his tenure

will be shocked if he's back for season 12
Clink and others had better hire the best available, though his record on hires is meh

bitch all you want, no coach at ISU has more MVC wins total or a higher annual avg than Lansing
he has more wins vs. ranked opponents than any other div I ISU coach; hodges set the record, Lansing has tied it - arguably with less talent than Hodges had in his tenure

Clink and others had better hire the best available, though his record on hires is meh
Clink will for sure mess it up. He's about as incompetent as the Colonel that ran Stalag 13.

Go buy him lunch ..... better yet dinner because with his salary he probably can't afford a good steak. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one, win one, lose one ... a lifetime .500 coach ......make the Big Dance with his own players once JUST ONCE ...... and win a conference title with his own players JUST ONCE ..... read my signature.

Back