Football Realignment

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
All stuff we've brought up and stuff we believe will happen. It's just another nail in our program's coffin, especially if P5 games go to the wayside since the Level 2 program money games typically don't pay nearly as well.

Pretty sure one of you brilliant bastards even brought up relegation in the past, too.

I'm in the same camp as the dude that wrote this... there is a reason the Big 10 went after a doormat like Rutgers. It got them the NJ market where they could get the B10 Network on basic cable and make $0.50-$1 per subscriber.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Given time, I can see realignment regress in time so that travel is the main concern for non P5 programs. Bring back the ICC.
If you're talking about football at our level, absolutely.

We should already start trending that way to see if it can help with attendance. Instead of bringing in a Quincy or Truman State, we should bring in a Marian, Indianapolis or Wabash to see if we can capitalize on them bringing fans. We also need to get EIU back on the schedule considering the close proximity because they always did have a nice throng of fans show up.

WOZ

The Varsity Level
If you're talking about football at our level, absolutely.

We should already start trending that way to see if it can help with attendance. Instead of bringing in a Quincy or Truman State, we should bring in a Marian, Indianapolis or Wabash to see if we can capitalize on them bringing fans. We also need to get EIU back on the schedule considering the close proximity because they always did have a nice throng of fans show up.
Don't forget Ball State needs to come to Terre Haute if they want to win the Victoy Bell back!

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Don't forget Ball State needs to come to Terre Haute if they want to win the Victoy Bell back!
That would be exactly my stipulation for them getting another game, too.

In fact, I'd want a 2-for-1 with them paying us twice AND coming to Terre Haute once with a no buyout clause or they must pay something like $1-2m to get out of the game.

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
saw on mvcfans.com about realignment probably happening. Eastern Kentucky, Jacksonville State, and Central Arkansas to the A-Sun

My guess is that Western Illinois is on the OVC's short list. I wonder if they would take us as a football-only member (if they also added Lipscomb) or if we would even be interested? An OVC without Jacksonville State and with WIU would make travel a lot better for us for football, and we might compete better there too.