Game 6: ISU 85 vs Drexel 81 on Nov. 23, 2022

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

DyedBlue

The Starter Level
3rd Place Game at Gulf Coast Showcase.
In seven segments totalling 14 minutes we had at least three subs on the floor together with various starters. They were +1 in those six segments. Not bad bench production.

ISU was up 10 with 18 seconds to play and won by 4. Drexel hit two threes in that closing 20 seconds. The group of Stephens, Kent, Neese, Larry and Henry all got tagged with -6 in those 20 seconds.

Remarkable offensive output against a defensive oriented team; however, Drexel was far more efficient offensively than normal so that is a concern.
Positive Rebounding margin; just all around better play than versus the 'Roos.

Stephens hampered by foul trouble and saw only 11 minutes of playing time which opened the door for Avila to play 25 minutes.

Player....................Minutes............=/-......................Comments
Stephens...............11..........................-3..........................Was -4 in my book. Officially he was +3 until the last 2o second barrage.
Neese......................31.........................-3............................Same loss of 6 in last 20 seconds
Henry.......................34........................+9..........................Was a great +15 until the last seconds. I had him +7
McCauley...............22........................+6...........................I had him +4
Gibson.....................24........................+3............................
Bledson...................24.........................+3.........................I had him +6. Very solid scoring in all three games, but the +/- officially was -5 for the three games.
Larry........................17..........................+2.........................Was +8 until the last 20 second barrage
Kent..........................8............................-7..........................Was -1 until the barrage. Noticeable drop in minutes for a guy who saw 12 and 15 in the first two games... Thoughts on the reason?
Avila..........................25.........................+9........................ I had him at +6. He benefited from made ISU FT's as he entered the game with one to shoot. .Was +2 with at least 3 starters on the floor;
......................................................................................................and +4 with at least three subs, including himself, on the floor. That in itself is interesting.
McKnight..................4...........................-2...........................Limited minutes.

Back