'18 IN PG Jalen Moore (Oakland)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Porter "hates to lose, is long and can get up (leaping ability) quickly." - statement doesn't gauge his overall ability or state he's the best in the WV, simply highlights three (3) characteristics which are indigenous to good HS players. I only added this because it adds flavor to the information previously cited by Southgrad07.

Ok makes sense. But why did this get off the topic of Jalen Moore?

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Someone here on the forum brought up the kid's name...I'd never heard of him. Sent an E-mail to my friend asking about him. All he said is what I conveyed.

Have you guys heard about Jalen Moore recently? I'm interested in finding out where he is going to school whether it be a JUCO or a D1 or D2 college.

I also assumed it was mostly due to height.

Out of Five Pages of posts on just this thread, the first person who makes the first comment about his height is you. So when you say I kid, but that's what everyone said at the time, just remember, everyone is you.....and you were the FIRST to mention it.

Hell, I thought he'd be the next BILLY KELLER...of course, Oakland & Purdue are distinct programs, aren't they? Makes ya wonder how the MVC coaches would've capitalized off of Jalen's disparity of height in their "game plan" (there's a new concept in GL's hoop coaching world). Makes ya wonder if he even knew that Prim was on MSU's roster last night.

Out of Five Pages of posts on just this thread, the first person who makes the first comment about his height is you. So when you say I kid, but that's what everyone said at the time, just remember, everyone is you.....and you were the FIRST to mention it.

Actually if you go back to the start of this thread, Treeman mentioned it before me. Give credit where credit is due.

And many people in this thread mentioned his 5'8" height, so not sure the "everyone is you" came from.

What? Xavier 8 pts 5 assists. Good team
Bradley. 17 pts. 5 assists. ONE of MVC’s top teams
Michigan 21 pts. 6 assists. Top 10 team in the NCAA
PURDUE. 14 pts. 7 assists. Always ranked high
Oklahoma St. 13 pts. 8 assists Good Team
Michigan St. 26 pts. 5 assists Great team

If the numbers above don’t tell how good he is and would been in the Valley, only look at the Bradley numbers. Moore is having astounding numbers in the Horizon, Bank it. Your comments are incredible. I will say this, he would have probably gotten limited playing time at Indiana State because he has to have the ball all the time. He gets to the basket so quickly. Incredible passer. Amazing player.

What? Xavier 8 pts 5 assists. Good team
Bradley. 17 pts. 5 assists. ONE of MVC’s top teams
Michigan 21 pts. 6 assists. Top 10 team in the NCAA
PURDUE. 14 pts. 7 assists. Always ranked high
Oklahoma St. 13 pts. 8 assists Good Team
Michigan St. 26 pts. 5 assists Great team

If the numbers above don’t tell how good he is and would been in the Valley, only look at the Bradley numbers. Moore is having astounding numbers in the Horizon, Bank it. Your comments are incredible. I will say this, he would have probably gotten limited playing time at Indiana State because he has to have the ball all the time. He gets to the basket so quickly. Incredible passer. Amazing player.

Remind us again, how many of those games did Oakland win? Also, how many teams ARE successful when "one player has to have the ball all the time?" Like I said earlier, I'm happy for the young man. He found a program that he could excel in. But as I said previously, I seriously doubt that he'd achieve half those #'s in the GL offense.

Most of his other recent posts seem to be pretty pro Oakland..Maybe he just is getting to come home from school a little earlier than he thought? He had a heck of a year there..I'll admit I miss judged his ability to produce at the D1 level and would love to see him come home and play with Coop and maybe Key for a year.

Most of his other recent posts seem to be pretty pro Oakland..Maybe he just is getting to come home from school a little earlier than he thought? He had a heck of a year there..I'll admit I miss judged his ability to produce at the D1 level and would love to see him come home and play with Coop and maybe Key for a year.
You're probably right. Would welcome him home though in a heartbeat.

Back