Home against Wichita State

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

bent20

The Odum Level
You can tell interest in the team is down when there is 3 minutes left in the game and this is the first thread. Not out of it yet.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Really, did you expect this game to turn out any other way? I sure didn't. I'll stand by my prediction ISU won't win another game in 2009 and will end this season 4-27

where will this team rank among the all-time worst in ISU history? Definitely in the top 3.

Just have to hope for better in 2009-2010.

Coach xyz Backcourt Rotation

I can't figure this guy out...we get rhythm inside, he brings in 6'10" abc who can't jump and catch a ball at the same time. We get rhythm outside, he brings in a frosh with virtually NO EXPERIENCE under pressure.

When Coach xyz quits playing his cyber-chess on the sideline and ceases to disrupt his team's continuity & GAME FLOW, he'll see a winning season. The game's won on the FLOOR, not on the sideline.

He needs to quit blaming his players and examine his strategies and the personnel used during these untimely schemes.:mad:

with Mizzery State's win over Evansville, we are finally officially alone in 10th place in the MVC.

If we stay here this eliminates ISU from the MVC-MWC challenge in 2010-2011 I believe and that would suck, because it's a good challenge series.

Guesstimated Actual Attendance: Maybe 1,000; maybe not? Looked pretty sparse on the tv screen.

Attendance

Let's see now, do we have any UNUSED excuses for the low #'s?

Varsity room carpeting?
Snow & ice?
Too cold?
High cost of tickets?
Parking?
Too far to walk from campus?
Upper level seat color hurts eyes?
Upper level pigeon dung/droppings? (sorry, that's Hinkle Fieldhouse)
Dry HC air causes throat irritation?
Prior obligation to off-campus kegger?
Night driving class to remove ticket points?

Won-loss record?
:krazy:

Last edited:
Let's see now, do we have any UNUSED excuses for the low #'s?

Varsity room carpeting?
Snow & ice?
Too cold?
High cost of tickets?
Parking?
Too far to walk from campus?
Upper level seat color hurts eyes?
Upper level pigeon dung/droppings? (sorry, that's Hinkle Fieldhouse)
Dry HC air causes throat irritation?
Prior obligation to off-campus kegger?
Night driving class to remove ticket points?

Won-loss record?
:krazy:

DOnt forget Fear of John Sherman yelling.......

Just two observations
1) We came back by hitting 2 point baskets. We blew our chance of finishing the job by chucking up 3's and missing them. Everybody wants to be the hero with the big 3, but you have a better chance of scoring by taking it inside. It's just harder to work for a good close shot than it is to give up and shoot outside.
2) Why do coaches pull players off the floor after hitting a basket or two? Do they have money on the other team? Last night Carter hit a couple shots and immediately got rested. If they are scoring, leave them in the game!

It’s like this we got beat in every part of the game. No excuses we go out hustled, out muscled, and out coached. No excuses we should have won this game but we didn’t. I am looking at it like this the reason we have such a poor record is not because we have poor players we do not. We have our best freshman sitting the bench for a good number of minutes yesterday. Our best defensive player sitting the bench for a good number of minutes. We have a redshirt freshman center that is starting who should not be starting ahead of either of these two players. We were dominated on the inside something like 12 offensive rebounds. Let’s put feelings aside this is not boys club basketball. People want to look at this and make excuses, well remember what excuses are like. We are 4-19 people something has to change.

Sherman

Gotta stay arms length from da boy...he's one of RP's "untouchables.":meditate:

What RP doesn't know that in two yrs., him & his whole staff will be tailgate "roast" menu candidates if they don't start WINNING.:eek7:

Sherman

I've said it before and I'll say it again....Sherman is an asset to ISU. He was great on the radio....a million times more exciting than Fritz. The guy bleeds blue for ISU. There is a lot more I can say about what he has done and continues to do for ISU athletics but sufficent to say that, as a regular donor, I am very pleased that he is involved with ISU athletics. God forbid someone try and keep the H.C. from becoming a funeral parlor, which, in my last few games attended, has been the case.

so i have had the chance to see a few games over the past month and wow i feel for all of you that have followed religiously during this time. i commend you for being sure true isu fans in such dismal times. i dont know JS well but I know Angie and vernon from when i was there and not sure how they might fit in RP's staff but gotta think those two could help.

Back