How Jay Wright Molded Like-Minded Point Guards to Turn Villanova Into a Blueblood

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
This is an excellent piece. When you hear HCJS talk culture all of the time, this is the sort of thing I think he has in mind once the program is established.

CardLake49

The Starter Level
Supporter
This is an excellent piece. When you hear HCJS talk culture all of the time, this is the sort of thing I think he has in mind once the program is established.

Man that made my heart race and palms sweat. Can't help but dream.

IndyMitchell

The Blue Level

That's a good read. He truly gets the most out of his guys at Villanova. I love that he hasn't left for the Kentucky, North Carolina, or UCLA jobs too.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Finally had a chance to read this article. Excellent piece, and I think you're right. Schertz is intent on building a program, or a culture, rather than a team. Very much in the mold of Jay Wright. You can kind of see it in his recruiting - he's looking for particular types of players, with particular skills and attributes. I hope that HCJS can become Jay Wright 2.0 at ISU. Hey, a guy can dream...

Gotrees485

The Recruit Level
and Jay wright now retires. With NIL and the transfer portal its a non stop job now. Walks away on his own terms. Have to respect it