Virtual ribbon cutting marks official end of Hulman Center renovation

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

nice, thanks, cant wait until next season when it is done.

I found some more information on RATIO' website, and it should be impressive.

Oh yes, the Ratio design IS impressive. And if we had better leadership at ISU that would be what we would be getting. But, alas, we can’t have nice things. The bids for that design came in too high and instead of trying to find the money for a game-changing arena (we had 90 percent of the money needed—the last 5 million was apparently nowhere to be found) the design was modified to a less dramatic renovation. It’ll still be nice but not as great as it could have been. Here’s the story and rendering of the actual finished product.

https://www.tribstar.com/news/local...cle_8ca231a0-e481-5b68-a89c-de8d04dfeae1.html

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Since 2010-11, Trees are 99-41 in home games

From 1955-67, Trees were 104-45 in the ISTC Gym ( 56-32 ) and ISC Arena ( 48-13 )

In Hulman, EVERY coach was at .500 (Dillard) or higher, except for Greene.

Last edited:
Beware of the game losing Rats

I assume that was for me?
I dont know what makes me a rat, but I grew up across the river and have been to TH plenty.
I will always have an appreciation for ISU, RHIT, and SMWC but now live in Georgia.
Just saw this message board posted on a Saluki board and then saw the renovation thread.
Simply had a few questions, sorry if this riled you up but I dont have time to be a rat, troll, or whatever other slang term you use.

I assume that was for me?
I dont know what makes me a rat, but I grew up across the river and have been to TH plenty.
I will always have an appreciation for ISU, RHIT, and SMWC but now live in Georgia.
Just saw this message board posted on a Saluki board and then saw the renovation thread.
Simply had a few questions, sorry if this riled you up but I dont have time to be a rat, troll, or whatever other slang term you use.

He wasn't referring to you. He was referring to all the rat sightings that have been going on in the hulman center during renovations

On a side-note, went to the game against Valpo this past Saturday. First game in 9 years, our group enjoyed the day and the win. Hulman Center will be quite nice when completed. Didn't see any rats or rodents. The stated attendance was 4131. The lower bowl wasn't close to being filled. Our seats were in the upper level, virtually empty. Tix cost $5@. A solid team and beautiful day. Where are the students and the locals?

On a side-note, went to the game against Valpo this past Saturday. First game in 9 years, our group enjoyed the day and the win. Hulman Center will be quite nice when completed. Didn't see any rats or rodents. The stated attendance was 4131. The lower bowl wasn't close to being filled. Our seats were in the upper level, virtually empty. Tix cost $5@. A solid team and beautiful day. Where are the students and the locals?

I counted 32 students in the "forest"

too many apathetic students
the locals only come when the see the right color of uniforms

That's truly sad and to say the least disappointing. Maybe the rest of the student body and community was at Honey Creek Square. And to think this is our future donor base.

I think the count was fairly accurate. Students were a disappointment.

Many of us look back with fond memories upon our undergraduate days. Granted, 2 generations removed, after graduation while living in Terre Haute my wife and I attended all the Sycamore home games in the Larry Bird era. It was extraordinary to say the least. That will never happen again. But there are still lifelong memories & friendships that are created through attending university events, especially athletics. When our fraternity has a reunion or gathering such as Homecoming we look at each other and say "We haven't changed, the world has". Shifting gears, with this apathy it's easy to see why there is virtually no active alumni association and very little donor development. It's a cumulative effect.

Any recent updates on the renovation? Is it still on schedule?

For awhile there were several stories and videos being posted. Now there is nothing. Nothing from the school, nothing from the construction company, and for some strange reason nothing from Golden.

It’s not like the guy has a lot of other stories and events to cover right now. You would think he could spare a few minutes to give us an update on the building.

I see the building almost every day. Construction is still ongoing. They're mainly working inside the building now. Most of the outer shell is done. Still need to add the new doors to the front of the building. Looks pretty good so far. Wish they would have done something about the other 3 entrances to the HC. Kept those old concrete structures after updating the rest of the building and completely getting rid of the main entrance. Looks bad but it's ISU.

I see the building almost every day. Construction is still ongoing. They're mainly working inside the building now. Most of the outer shell is done. Still need to add the new doors to the front of the building. Looks pretty good so far. Wish they would have done something about the other 3 entrances to the HC. Kept those old concrete structures after updating the rest of the building and completely getting rid of the main entrance. Looks bad but it's ISU.

Drop them a line and offer to cover the cost of updating/replacing one of the three. Start a GoFundMe for the remaining two and see what kind of response you receive

I'm thinking that they will do something to the outside of those 3 entrances. I believe they installed new doors and glass. I would hope they're not left like they are.

I'm thinking that they will do something to the outside of those 3 entrances. I believe they installed new doors and glass. I would hope they're not left like they are.
They are now painted a dark color....possibly dark blue?

Just drove past this morning and from a distance looked black... Not to cause a debate - it was a distance and I am not exactly sure.

Back