I don't like our football helmets.

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Sure...

How about some throw back uniforms in pink and white.
Why not, we only went 1-3 during that era (1896-1898)

Season Coach W L T Gms
1898 Fred A. Dubridge 1 2 0 3
1897* Unknown 0 0 0 6
1896 Unknown 0 1 0 1

* results of gms vs. Terre Haute High, Butler, Plainfield Acad., Paris High, Danville Normal, Vincennes Univ are unknown.

bent20

The Odum Level
Thanks for posting the photo. Looks like the helmets have the matte finish that's been all the rage for a few years now. I don't quite get their popularity myself. I guess it's just something different.

bent20

The Odum Level
I'm also not a big fan of when the helmet is a matte finish but the logo is still glossy. Don't want to be overly criticial though. It's something fun, different. I don't have a problem with that.

bent20

The Odum Level

Sycamore Proud

The Nicks Level
I also liked the white from last year. That said, I feel there are enough reminders of last season to keep it fresh in everyones mind. I kind of like the change for that reason. Keep the whites--maybe we can alternate for special occasions. Either way, it's better than black. JMHO.

Bally #50

The JSW Level
What we think doesn't really make a huge difference. I am not overly fond of the matte finish but hey, if the players like them and the win all their games, I guess we can live with them. If they lose a few, then we can bitch about them. I do agree with Syc Proud (that's a shock), the white looked really good. We'll see how great they look (or not) in now 39 days).

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Anyone for an oldskool model? I really like this logo and think it should be brought back, looks great on the helmet. I dug the old logo from an archived media guide from the early 80's and had to recreate the "S" in AutoCAD. I now have it layered in Gimp for future mods.

View attachment 998
View attachment 999
View attachment 1000

Grey and Royal version

View attachment 1001

View attachment 1002
James, do you happen to have these logos in a bigger format that scales? I was just hunting an old HD and found my old big helmet template.

Sycamorefan96

The Captain Level
That S logo is definitely way better than what we currently have and what we are apparently going to have. Looks pretty awesome on the football helmets.

Edit: Going to use that helmet as my avatar now. Thanks!

Last edited: