if you're an ISU, odds are you're bad at FB

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
came across this interview link in the Fargo paper today. Golden was interviewed by the Idaho State writer. Idaho State has the 2nd longest losing streak (I think) behind Indiana State in I-AA FB.

Also, Iowa State, the other ISU, is just as pathetic, having lost a bunch of games in a row too. So if you go to an "ISU", things are bleak as far as FB is concerned. Hopefully our ISU will turn things around sooner rather than later.

Good interview and answers from Todd though, worth reading thru.

http://www.pocatelloshops.com/new_blogs/sports/?p=4284#more-4284

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Golden "Idaha State" Response

By far, the most accurate BLOG he's written since his TH arrival...:sycamores:

look at the second-to-last photo from RP's farewell roast a few years ago and read the description under the pic...given our football seasons since his arrival I'd say they were right on the money!

http://www.csudh.edu/athletics/media0405/50616prettyman-roast-photos.htm

Come on Hooper, none of these problems were the fault of Ron Prettyman! The football program was in the tank long before he got here, and previous administrations totally neglected the sport. Ron inherited, in case you've forgotten, a football coach hired by a lame duck AD and given a 5 year contract that Ron had to figure out how to unload. He has hired the most encouraging football coach at ISU in decades, and has somehow started a new football stadium on the road to reality. With the proper support, football could be successful at ISU. How successful? We don't know because it hasn't had the proper support in 25+ years...

I don't know how serious you were being with your post, but let's not lay the blame for our football program at RP's feet...:sycamores:

relax

Come on Hooper, none of these problems were the fault of Ron Prettyman! The football program was in the tank long before he got here, and previous administrations totally neglected the sport. Ron inherited, in case you've forgotten, a football coach hired by a lame duck AD and given a 5 year contract that Ron had to figure out how to unload. He has hired the most encouraging football coach at ISU in decades, and has somehow started a new football stadium on the road to reality. With the proper support, football could be successful at ISU. How successful? We don't know because it hasn't had the proper support in 25+ years...

I don't know how serious you were being with your post, but let's not lay the blame for our football program at RP's feet...:sycamores:

I was not blaiming him it all. I just thought it was prophetic (and at the same time kinda pathetic) that someone at his goodbye roast gave him a book "Football for Dummies as he prepares for the upcoming football season at Indiana State" and it turns out that our results since he got here have been consistent with the humor behind the gift. Anyone that knows me (and looks at the roll of donors for ISU athletics) knows I'm an RP fan and am a supporter of ISU football....but its just gotten so bad that gallows humor seems appropriate.

I have a lot more thoughts on the good and bad of the Lou West era and the good and bad of Miles so far but let's save that for the Bally. Go State!

I was not blaiming him it all. I just thought it was prophetic (and at the same time kinda pathetic) that someone at his goodbye roast gave him a book "Football for Dummies as he prepares for the upcoming football season at Indiana State" and it turns out that our results since he got here have been consistent with the humor behind the gift. Anyone that knows me (and looks at the roll of donors for ISU athletics) knows I'm an RP fan and am a supporter of ISU football....but its just gotten so bad that gallows humor seems appropriate.

I have a lot more thoughts on the good and bad of the Lou West era and the good and bad of Miles so far but let's save that for the Bally. Go State!

No worries! I kinda figured you might have been saying that, but I thought I'd type anyway! Since you weren't directing it at RP, I do have to agree that the presentation was, sadly, kinda funny...:bigsmile:

Man, I wish all the best to INSU in the coming years. Gotta get a campus stadium, guys and gals.

:sycamores:

Along those lines, Cap, I saw where the mayor of Terre Haute is with the team this weekend, to see the Fargo Dome and how other communities support their college teams. Perhaps there's a deal in the works to get TH to kick in some money, ala Carbondale for "Saluki Way" and help us get a real first class environment. Gee, that would be nice for a change...

Well, Idaho State is losing 49-10 in the 4th quarter, so they're not getting out of the hole tonight either. I'd like to think of the Bengals as a kindred spirit, but if you look at their results they've played a lot of teams closer than we have this year. I checked their schedule, but we have no common opponents. They played North Dakota and lost 38-35 and we played North Dakota State (and believe it or not the Dakota schools don't play each other!). However, North Dakota did lose today to Southern Illinois 40-21, so there you go! If you factor that together we'd lose 33-29 to the Bengals, give or take a couple dozen points.

Last edited:
Idaho State and Iowa State got blown out too yesterday so their streaks are at 13 losses and 7 losses in a row.

man does Indiana State need to get off this list. Maybe Illinois State can take Indiana State's place.

it's too bad Idaho St. is so far away from TH.

saw on ESPN that Idaho State won today, so now it's just Indiana State with the long losing streak, unless Iowa State hasn't won recently. Not sure what the Illinois State streak is at, but their head coach stepped down today.

Maybe they'll hire West??

Idaho State and Iowa State got blown out too yesterday so their streaks are at 13 losses and 7 losses in a row.

man does Indiana State need to get off this list. Maybe Illinois State can take Indiana State's place.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of a-holes than the Crimson Crows.

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

saw on ESPN that Idaho State won today, so now it's just Indiana State with the long losing streak, unless Iowa State hasn't won recently. Not sure what the Illinois State streak is at, but their head coach stepped down today.

Maybe they'll hire West??

Not only did they win, they won in overtime. Our losing kinship survived until the last plays of our respective games.

Back