Indiana Selections in 2021 MLB Draft

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

bigsportsfan

The All-MVC Level
I know he’s a little bit older than they like, but he’s a lefty who gets people out. A total mystery why he’s not a pro yet.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
MLB hitters would pound him...

I'll say it again, he does NOT have enough velocity to CONTRAST his various pitches at the next level. I luv the kid, but when you're a SIGNED PROSPECT, there must be some inkling of hope that you'll advance to the BIG LEAGUE. Who was the last 87 mph FB pitcher to advance past the Minor Leagues?

4Q_iu

The Nicks Level
Supporter
I know he’s a little bit older than they like, but he’s a lefty who gets people out. A total mystery why he’s not a pro yet.

MLB shuttering dozens of MiLB teams likely played a factor in his future... if you recall, over 40 MiLB teams lost their affiliation with MLB clubs; that's 1,000 or so players who lost jobs... MLB did expand the MiLB rosters for '21 but not all of the 1000+ positions were replaced

Guerrero may get to the major leagues - it'll just be a longer, harder road.

It's all on greedy billionaire MLB owners who have ZERO interest in developing a player

Last edited:

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter
Assuming he still wishes to play baseball, he can go the independent league route and still make it to the bigs. Much more likely for a pitcher to make it out of independent ball than hitters.

Unfortunately for Guerrero, velocity is all that really matters for major league teams in evaluating pitching talent. You could have a pitcher who walks 3 batters an inning, but if he can throw 100 he'll have every opportunity to fail.