Instituting the Sycamore Sea of Blue

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
One of the things I really love about college sports, and college basketball in particular is the passion and support for schools by students, faculty, alumni and the local community. One that thing really chaps my hide is attending an event to a dead crowd, and a crowd that doesn't help develop a true home court advantage -- be it by sitting on their hands, not wearing team colors, and so on.

With the a new era of Sycamore basketball now underway with Coach McKenna at the helm, I really hope we can turn Hulman Center into an intimidating place to play basketball. It would really be awesome to see the Sycamores have a yearly tee shirt similar to Notre Dame's "The Shirt" to serve as the official basketball crowd "uniform" if you will. In addition, the funds generated from the shirt could go towards the program after expenses, or towards the general athletic fund, etc.

What does everyone else think about something like this?

Sycamore624

The Wade Level
I agree. If you look back the past few years at our big upsets at the Hulman Center they all had one huge common factor. There was a very large and rowdy crowd on hand for the game and the boys came out ready to play in front of a actual crowd. The upsets over IU,Purdue and Butler all had very good crowds by our standards of over 8,000 people and the crowd espicaly the students was intimadating. When there has been alot of energy in the HC over the past few year it showed with some huge upsets for our boys. I've always wondered why more students don't go to the games? I think John Sherman is trying to get more involvment within the campus and students and we are already seeing alot more advertising by the University.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
I'd love to see something like the "White Out" they do at Penn State football games. Anyone else see that last weekend? Wow! It was a thing of beauty. That would be hard to replicate at ISU, though, you have too many "fans" who show up to our games in their IU sweaters...:violent:

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
I'd love to see something like the "White Out" they do at Penn State football games. Anyone else see that last weekend? Wow! It was a thing of beauty. That would be hard to replicate at ISU, though, you have too many "fans" who show up to our games in their IU sweaters...:violent:
Exactly... and those people should be sent home.

They need to come up with something like McKenna's Mob (not bad for off the top of my head) or similar for non-students and get them to buy a t-shirt or they could find 10-20 local sponsors to donate and give the damn things away. Attendance seemed to be in the 3000-4000 range all season last year for home games, so it couldn't cost that much to produce 3,000 shirts.