Is HCJS son joining as a walk-on?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Using Doug McDermott as an example is also disingenuous. It's also where the NCAA should have been like "Nice try pops" with that.

Dad paid for Doug to be a walk-on.

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter
This is cool. What an awesome experience it would be to coach your son at a high level.

Congrats to the young Schertz for his opportunity. What little I’ve gotten to know about Coach over the last year says that no way his son has a seat on the bench if he isn’t dedicated and can’t contribute in some way (even if just in practices).

It was time for Mervis to go pro anyway. We weren’t holding onto him forever.

4Q_iu

The Kleuh Level
Supporter
This is cool. What an awesome experience it would be to coach your son at a high level.

Congrats to the young Schertz for his opportunity. What little I’ve gotten to know about Coach over the last year says that no way his son
has a seat on the bench if he isn’t dedicated and can’t contribute in some way (even if just in practices).

That is the expectation of every walk-on AND scholie player... be they nephew, son, cousin or uncle

contribute in the way the team needs and be dedicated

not sure of the "coolness" factor... I can only think of two ISU coaches who were at ISU long enough to coach a child...

Bob Warn and John McNichols...

any others?

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter
That is the expectation of every walk-on AND scholie player... be they nephew, son, cousin or uncle

not sure of the "coolness" factor... I can only think of two ISU coaches who were at ISU long enough to coach a child...

any others?
Jesus dude. I’m talking about the coolness factor as a father and son. Not sure if you have kids, but coaching my son is one of the highlights I have as a father. I’m sure Coach Schertz feels the same.

Sycamore Blue

The Sycamore Level

any others?
Mitch Hannahs coached his oldest son.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter

any others?

I'm not sure why it matters but I think Dennis Raetz was a football coach for nearly 20 years here in some capacity or another. Not sure if he ever coached his son Mark or not but I believe Mark played football for ISU.