Is HCJS son joining as a walk-on?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

That is the expectation of every walk-on AND scholie player... be they nephew, son, cousin or uncle

contribute in the way the team needs and be dedicated

not sure of the "coolness" factor... I can only think of two ISU coaches who were at ISU long enough to coach a child...

Bob Warn and John McNichols...

any others?
I'm not sure why it matters but I think Dennis Raetz was a football coach for nearly 20 years here in some capacity or another. Not sure if he ever coached his son Mark or not but I believe Mark played football for ISU.
I think Mark played at Air Force. He was a few years younger than me.

Tim McGuire coached one of his sons I think

Mallory's son is on the team now

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Jesus dude. I’m talking about the coolness factor as a father and son. Not sure if you have kids, but coaching my son is one of the highlights I have as a father. I’m sure Coach Schertz feels the same.

And I've ready plenty of stories, listened to many coaches say they would never coach their son b/c of all of the intended, unintended issues both within the family AND outside the family.

Mervis got more time here on the court than most walk-ons usually see. He also got most of if not all the same perks as the rest of the squad i.e. road-trips, meal table access, shoes etc. Most of all he surely sharpened his game enough to get a good role at a lower level. He or we should not have any regrets or spite about movin' on.

And Sanford left to be an assistant coach under his son. Rather unique....unless your last name is Alford

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Back