Isiah Martin

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Daveinth

The Wade Level
Can anybody please tell me why Lietnaker is starting? I have yet to see him produce much and in MY opinion should not be taking minutes away from Martin. Is Isaiah in the dog house for some reason?

S

statefan12

Leitnaker has started 6 games but is only averaging around 8 minutes a game so the fact that he is starting seems to not really matter. It does seem like Martin has been in the doghouse all season, from an outsider looking in i think he really doesnt seem to take things to seriously and that could be rubbing McKenna the wrong way. Maybe its just an effort issue, but Martin definatly is a more talented player by far.

BlueBleeder

The Starter Level
Supporter
Thats been Brant's big problem, staying healthy. When he is fully healthy he can give solid minutes off the bench. Not sure about starting him in games, but I'm not the coach. Brant has good footwork and gets up and down the floor very well. But again, he's had a lot of foot/leg problems that have limited his minutes and development. He's done well with the problems he's had and its unfortunate for him and Indiana State that he's been behind the 8-ball so much!

SydCamore

The Captain Level
Brant and Isiah are both very hard working young men.

Neither one of them have much experience so it is expected that they will have moments when they struggle.

Daveinth

The Wade Level
Isiah Started tonight and had by far the most energy of anyone on the team . he outplayed ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS and should remain the starter until someone comes out and plays better. IMHo He hustled and was in on the plays similar to the player we had last year .

fan

The Recruit Level
Start Packing

If they don't want to play for Coach McKenna,they might as well start packing,because we could we can use the room on the bench for the walk on's next year.

S

seasonticket

Playing for coach

If these kids have no desire to play for this coach and it does appear that way, we are all in for alot more loses because we know ISU cannot afford to buy out coaches and all these kids are underclassmen he recruited. Unfortunately the losing is going to continue for awhile I am afraid.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
New Posters Out of the Woodwork...

Seems as more and more unsatisfied fans are speaking out! I was shunned on here for such language a month ago... Can't say I disagree with the newbies however.

Back to the topic at hand. Martin is playing much harder than he was early on in the season. I like him in the starting line up over are other bigs. We have no real physical presence down low for the foresee able future. NOT GOOD!

T

treefromafar

Morgan, I must say you are the epitome of what these blog sites were created for. A place for fans to express their opinions. I think what we need to get back to remembering is just that. These are all opinions. While you seem very knowledgeable, none of us truly knows what is going on inside the program. We are not at practice every day, in the meetings, at study table, training table, etc. I am sure that if we were, we would know a lot more of the answers to all of our questions on particular players, sets, defenses, etc. I for one am going to put my faith in McKenna and his staff to get this thing done. It may not look good now, but we have to have faith and hope that they will get it done. If we lose faith and hope, we've lost everything. If McKenna can't get it done, he will be gone, and we will put our faith and hope in someone else.

TreeTop

The Menser Level
Morgan, I must say you are the epitome of what these blog sites were created for. A place for fans to express their opinions. I think what we need to get back to remembering is just that. These are all opinions. While you seem very knowledgeable, none of us truly knows what is going on inside the program. We are not at practice every day, in the meetings, at study table, training table, etc. I am sure that if we were, we would know a lot more of the answers to all of our questions on particular players, sets, defenses, etc. I for one am going to put my faith in McKenna and his staff to get this thing done. It may not look good now, but we have to have faith and hope that they will get it done. If we lose faith and hope, we've lost everything. If McKenna can't get it done, he will be gone, and we will put our faith and hope in someone else.

Thank you treefromafar! Agreed on all fronts.

new sycamore fan

The All-MVC Level
We're not the only "suffering" fans. I got this today in an email, and thought it might fit for the basketball and/or football teams at ISU (just replace some wording...)

NEW ILLINOIS (or Indiana) LAW ---Beware
The Illinois (Indiana) Highway Patrol is cracking down on speeders heading towards and into the city of Chicago (Terre Haute) ...

For the first offense, they give you two Chicago Cubs (ISU) tickets.

If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 9 millionaires ( 5 or 11 Sycamores) sitting around a TV watching the World Series (MVC Championships) ?
A. The Chicago Cubs (the Syc basketball/football team)

Q. What do the The Chicago Cubs (Sycamore basketball/football team) and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 70,000 (5,000/2,000) people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ."

Q. What do you call a Chicago Cub (Sycamore basketball/football player) with a World Series (MVC/MVFC) ring?
A. A thief.

Q. How many Chicago Cubs (Sycamores) does it take to win a World Series (MVC Championship) ?
A. Nobody knows and we may never find out!

Q. What do the Cubs (ISU basketball and football teams) and a possum have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

Some levity on a dreary winter day. Better days are arond the corner.