ISU (1-0) @ Purdue (0-1)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Sycamorefan96

The Green Level
Date and Time: September 10 @ 4PM ET

Top 3 Purdue Players to Watch:
1) QB O'Connell (#16): 356 yards passing
2) WR Jones (#15): 153 yards receiving
3) S Jefferson (#17): 5 tackles, 1 Pick 6

Penn State vs Purdue: After trailing 21-10 at halftime, Purdue led 24-21 going into the 4th quarter. Penn State scored the game winning TD with less than a minute to go in the game to escape with a 35-31 victory.

I didn't watch the Purdue game, but looking at their stats it appears that they really like to pass the ball. Their QB had 58 pass attempts against PSU. Their leading rusher (Doerue #22) only had 57 yards, but he averaged 3.8 YPC on 15 carries, and scored 2 TD's. Their other two TD's were a receiving TD by Jones and the pick 6 by Jefferson.

Penn State's success on offense also came mostly through the air. Their QB had 282 passing yards and 4 TD's. They tried to run the ball, but their top 4 rushers had 31 yards, 30 yards, 22 yards, and 11 yards for a combined 1 TD.

My prediction: Purdue 45 ISU 7
I think their offense will eventually start to over power us; and I don't think our offense will be able to keep our defense off of the field.

Question: Does anyone know how much ISU is getting paid for this game?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Wow !
Don't think I've seen this much excitment for an upcoming ISU football game ever. Seems like everyone is talking about the Sycamores and Boilermakers getting ready for battle Saturday. Gives me chills ............

Oh wait .....I was just having a dream. Now that I look at it, there's been less than 5 posts about the game and here we are only a couple days away from kickoff.
OK I'm just as bad -- not criticizing, just noting the lack of chatter. And as has been talked about in various ways recently, including Mallory's press conference, we may be looking at the last few games in the next couple of years we'll ever have vs Power 5 opponents.
Well, I'll be there Saturday, rain or shine -- rain likely. Hard to know what to expect, we've played well vs Purdue and IU a couple times over the past few years.
Hoping for sunny skies, lots of Purdue turnovers, another good defensive game, a lot more offensive output, and a good time in West Lafayette.

By the way, if ....if we should pull out a win this year vs Purdue or next vs IU don't be surprised if all remaining contracts for future games are cancelled. They'd just send us a check (and they'll have plenty of cash) and we can get Quincy back on the schedule.

I just want to see them open the playbook and stop with the vanilla offense they ran against UNA, who cares if the rest of the MVFC sees what we're gonna do during conference games, run the real offense so they'll have it down come time for MVFC games.

I just want to see them open the playbook and stop with the vanilla offense they ran against UNA, who cares if the rest of the MVFC sees what we're gonna do during conference games, run the real offense so they'll have it down come time for MVFC games.
I think the vanilla offense is our real offense. We haven't had a decent offense since that OC left for the spying gig at Kansas.

It's game day! Predict the score. I don't think we'll win this one but we should look a little better on offense than last week.
PU 34 - ISU 13

50-12. ISU will score a FG in the first half and a TD in the second and when Purdue has their second/third string playing in garbage time a goofy sort of safety will come out of nowhere.

56-6 Purdue. We score on one of our last drives of the game, go for 2, and are unsuccessful.

The BETMGM line is ISU + 36.5 OR on a straight bet $100 on ISU WILL get you back $10,100 if the Sycamores win. They are now giving the Sycamores 50.5

Last edited:
I hope everyone enjoyed the win last week because it’ll be a good while before we see another one. 😢

That's a Crabappel tree dumnass!!!

Attachments

• 20220910_153507.jpg
    20220910_153507.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 11
Back