ISU at Tulane

ISUCC

The Odum Level
35-32 Tulane at the half, man, that was just UGLY, thank God Tulane can't hit free throws! I gotta find stats to see how many turnovers ISU had.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
8 turnovers, 42% from the field, ISU should be up, they HAVE to cut down on the turnovers, this IS a winnable game for ISU, hopefully the 2nd half will prove to be better.

:sycamores:

ISUCC

The Odum Level
awful start to the 2nd half, down 10 now.

39% from the field now, very discouraging.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
71-57 Tulane, this one's pretty much over, can't see ISU winning any road games this year. Just can't figure out how this team, with 4 returning starters, is playing so poorly??

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Might say something about the quality of the starters, wouldn't you think? We've seen no consistency and have no "go to guy" that's dependable in the clutch or when we simply NEED a basket or big play during critical stages of a game.

Big question: Are the players BUYING into Coach Mac's "new system," or have they began to question its applicability to the current squad?:evileye:

bent20

The Odum Level
Sounds like the Sycamores are still struggling with scoring droughts. That's what killed them against Purdue. I don't know the details in this game, but in some of the early ones it seemed they started relying on the three too much and weren't hitting it. Maybe we still need more depth off the bench.

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
We can't shoot from the outside, that is the problem. I know that sounds over simplistic, but it is the truth. We get pretty open shots but can't make any of them. Hard to get good looks down low when no one fears the outside shot. Hard to set up any type of press when we can't score and force the other team to inbound. If we could get our shooting percentage up to about 45% in a game like this one, we would be right there at the end.

On the bright side, we are shooting horribly on the road, yet have been in every road game. No blowouts this year and have played everyone tough. Just got to get over that hump.....

sycamore fan

The Varsity Level
A touch too much doom and gloom here...things will not turn around simply by hiring a new coach. You've got to give him time to bring in his people to plug into his system. I haven't seen a game where I thought we were more talented than the team we were playing. The kids are playing very hard; the coaches have class and treat the players with respect. We are are competing every night, it's all good...and it's going to get a lot better.

bent20

The Odum Level
A touch too much doom and gloom here...things will not turn around simply by hiring a new coach. You've got to give him time to bring in his people to plug into his system. I haven't seen a game where I thought we were more talented than the team we were playing. The kids are playing very hard; the coaches have class and treat the players with respect. We are are competing every night, it's all good...and it's going to get a lot better.
I don't see any gloom and doom. The team could be doing a lot worse and I think we have a lot of young talent. Waltman didn't leave this team empty.