ISU Set to Unveil New Athletic Logo - March 3

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Kinda curious to see what the new logo looks like. I'd like to see the baseball logo used more. I hope they keep the "Sycamores" script at least.

This worries me more than it should. Mainly, I don't trust the administration to get this right. I should give them the benefit of the doubt, but this just seems unnecessary.

I suppose we'll need to pass around the collection plate again for new jerseys?

Yeah, this has disaster written all over it.

And with that said...I'll remain optimistic that we all may LOVE what they unveil.

Kinda curious to see what the new logo looks like. I'd like to see the baseball logo used more. I hope they keep the "Sycamores" script at least.

The baseball logo being your avatar?

If they use THAT logo, I'll never buy anything.

Wouldn't be surprised if they made it a blue Sycamore leaf. I agree this is something that should be left alone. Hopefully I will like whatever they come up with, but I have concerns. Regardless of what they choose I'm not changing my avatar.

Never really liked our current logo so I’m a little intrigued here; although the current admin seem to know how to screw up a wet dream so I’m not too optimistic that it’ll be a good change. I HATE the baseball logo. I think an interlocking “IS” could look cool if it weren’t italicized. I just like bold simple logos, unfortunately there just aren’t that many options given our mascot (maybe something like the Toronto maple leafs?), Iowa state, Idaho state and Illinois state probably have a few TMs on some logos as well.

The best sycamore logo of all time is the outline of Indiana with the “s” wrapping around it.

I dislike the baseball logo because a simple I and S could represent any number of schools. Our current logo is unique.

The timing of this also seems odd. Why not in the summer when we don't have our spring sports in the middle of their seasons?

are we getting a new mascot too, and getting rid of the carfax fox as our fierce mascot? Something ISU can put on clothing and athleticware for people to buy, like nearly all other colleges and universities do?

are we getting a new mascot too, and getting rid of the carfax fox as our fierce mascot? Something ISU can put on clothing and athleticware for people to buy, like nearly all other colleges and universities do?

Yeah I refuse to buy anything with the squirrel on it. I am going to be optimistic about this. Powder blue would be good.

Well WTF am I gonna do with this F***ing tattoo. Just kidding but I know a few guys who might think that.

I like the "I/S" logo from the baseball hats.

I like the last 3 they have had on the football helmets. The current one, the S around the indiana outline and I think the ISU in the shape of Indiana was pretty cool.

A few years back EIU changed their logo that looked like the Carolina panthers helmet logo to a white with blue outline panther. I thought it was a huge improvement and I heard a lot of people lost their shit over it. So I assume that no matter what we do, this board and the fans will/will not be happy

And the Squirrel is what happens when you give young people democracy.

Don't blame the students. I was in school at the time and I don't even remember hearing about a vote happening. But if it's true students picked a squirrel, that's not so bad if the school had done it the right way and come up with something like Minnesota' golden gopher, and not a blue and white thing.

From the link below (so, in short, the "adults" screwed it up and are responsible for Sycamore Sam):
According to an issue of the Tribune-Star from November 1995, there wasn't that high of a voter turnout and the alumni, faculty and staff, along with others that were not included in the vote, were not happy with the new mascot.

So Sycamore Sam the squirrel was retired, and it was decided to make Sam genderless, speciesless and a complete secret until it was revealed.

https://www.isustudentmedia.com/indiana_statesman/article_bf77fa8e-951f-5db2-a1f7-679f809f17e7.html

Don't blame the students. I was in school at the time and I don't even remember hearing about a vote happening. But if it's true students picked a squirrel, that's not so bad if the school had done it the right way and come up with something like Minnesota' golden gopher, and not a blue and white thing.

From the link below (so, in short, the "adults" screwed it up and are responsible for Sycamore Sam):
According to an issue of the Tribune-Star from November 1995, there wasn't that high of a voter turnout and the alumni, faculty and staff, along with others that were not included in the vote, were not happy with the new mascot.

So Sycamore Sam the squirrel was retired, and it was decided to make Sam genderless, speciesless and a complete secret until it was revealed.

https://www.isustudentmedia.com/indiana_statesman/article_bf77fa8e-951f-5db2-a1f7-679f809f17e7.html

I was there at the time. I thought the cannonball idea was probably the best idea to be kind of like the mascot for Syracuse or Western Ky. But looking back, I dont know why we would have expected anything smart out of that administration.

Back