ISU takes chance on big offensive lineman

ISUCC

The Odum Level
one other coming too??

according to the other ISU board, there is an Auburn transfer who will sign with ISU as well. No other info other than what was posted on the old board.

113TTN03

The White Level
I think this is a great move one thing that a number of the top teams in D1-AA have always taken advantage of is second chances......Top tier players like brandon jacobs @ SIU and Joe Flacco @ UD are just two examples of what can happen when you give players a second chance......keep in mind when a player transfers down from D1 to D1-AA they can play right away i hope our new coaching staff will continue to do this kind of recruiting.

P.S Mr. Duke and Evan Borders out of my home town of Cincinnati Ohio will hold down our O-line from the time they arrive in Terre Haute until the time they leave mark my word similar to current sycamore Jack Byrne

TLS49

The Sycamore Level
Hmm, a kid who breaks into cars gets signed...kids who show up 5 minutes late to meetings get cut...

bent20

The Odum Level
I'm not sure what you're referring to TLS. I don't know who was cut for showing up 5 minutes late, but there is a difference between in-house discipline and mistakes someone made prior to joining the program. As I've said before, if Indiana State wants to improve they really are in no position to turn away talented players. If that means taking on potential problem guys, so be it. They've already had a problem for years with bringing on me-first players who weren't good enough to take such an attitude. Let's see what Miles can do with some talent.

TJames

The JSW Level
once again...the negative people pop up

i just love these drive-by posters. lol...make a comment and then run for the hills. lol...

as for the kids who are five minutes late for a meeting, it probably wasnt their first time. and if those same kids did other things, such as not showing up for weight room work or being late or not showing up for academic tutoring sessions, then it all adds up. now doesn't it.

as for taking or not taking players with troubled pasts, you give them a chance. just like the iids who were late for meetings. you give them a chance. and if they continually get in trouble, then they're gone too.

TLS49

The Sycamore Level
i just love these drive-by posters. lol...make a comment and then run for the hills. lol...

as for the kids who are five minutes late for a meeting, it probably wasnt their first time. and if those same kids did other things, such as not showing up for weight room work or being late or not showing up for academic tutoring sessions, then it all adds up. now doesn't it.

as for taking or not taking players with troubled pasts, you give them a chance. just like the iids who were late for meetings. you give them a chance. and if they continually get in trouble, then they're gone too.
Drive by poster? I'll take that, my message was short.

But I know who got cut, I know why, and I know what kind of people/football players they were. I know what they meant to the kids who are still on the team. The kids who could be taking the field for Miles this fall.

Its not like I'm posting out of my ass here, I was there when it all went downhill and people started to be removed. I left the team on my own accord, and was told countless times before I left ISU that I was smart for doing so.

You don't remove as many players as Miles removed and expect things to be rose colored in the locker room. If I were Trent Miles, I would play only the veterans that I absolutely needed to play and then put the as many of my freshman in as I could in an attempt to keep them happy and from listening to the vets talk. When I left there was a poison in the locker room about the way things were being handled, was this situation rectified during summer workouts? Could be, I hope it was. I think Trent Miles will be a great football coach for ISU, but because of how this off-season went and the sacrifices that had to be made I don't expect them to be good at all this fall.

Will benching vets lead to a bad season? Probably. But they will be graduated in a year or two. The younger vets who are still around are absolute players and should be used fully. Miles needs to flush the old ISU COMPLETELY before he can expect his team to grow.

bent20

The Odum Level
I can understand why vets would be frustrated by players being dumped, but they also have to understand the situation. The team was so horrible there is absolutely no other option. The coaches deserve the majority of the blame I'm sure, but if I was playing on a team that won one game in three years I'd consider myself fortunate if I wasn't booted along with the coaching staff.