ISU vs. Drake

ISUCC

The Odum Level
my goodness, women up by 18 with 14 min. to go, what is it with this team? Good one day, bad the next, if they hang on this will be a HUGE win for them!! Can't afford to lose 2 at home here.

sounds like a loud crowd, will be interesting to see attendance here.

:sycamores:

ISUCC

The Odum Level
uh oh, Drake coming back, surely ISU won't collapse again, they were up 21 points in this half. 7:27 to go, ISU only up 9 now. Come on ladies!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
whew, women win!

After being up by 22 in the 2nd half, Drake cut it to 5 points, but ISU was able to win by 10 54-44. Good win! Now they just need to get on a roll and win the next 2 road games at Bradley and UNI.

ISU won this at the free throw line, going 15 of 17, while DU went 2 of 3.

Officials: David Stewart, Bob Enterline and Nick Marshall
Technical fouls: Drake-None. Indiana State-None.
Attendance: 6900
SERVPRO FAN DAY (Special Thanks Go To Chad And Natalie Overton!)

from ISU:
http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=65156&SPID=7260&DB_OEM_ID=15200&ATCLID=1381213

from Drake:
http://www.godrakebulldogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15700&ATCLID=1381108

Last edited:

ssoats

The White Level
Great win for the ladies yesterday. I wasn't able to make the Creighton game but listened to it and it sounded ugly. It looked like our defense was clicking for Drakes game and Coach said in today's paper he changed things up at practice early yesterday morning. Whatever happened-it worked. I think Drake is a much better team than we seen yesterday but I credit that to our defense. Great crowd at the game too though nowhere near what they announced. Different players are steping up at different times for this team. Opposing teams are focusing more on shutting out our top scorers and this will happen alot as we go down the stretch, but this will be the time that those others on the team dig deep and step up and I am seeing this at a time when we need it most. Our press looks good when executed correctly. I still think we have a few slower players that can not physically get up and down the court at the speed we need them to and at this time the faster players are flying past them. I have no solution for this. It seems with the speed of some of our players we are not utilizing it. All in all. a very good win against a very good team.