ISU vs Drake

BlueHeart

The Sycamore Level
Doing a little research into Drake's record. Their one loss was at St. Mary's California early in the season 11/10 72-66. St. Mary's lost at Southern Illinois on 12/11 71-58. Don't really mean to imply anything in particular with this info, but maybe someone could come up with something based on these two games.

Playing at home will be in Drake's favor, especially with fans who have their tummies filled with great food from the Drake Diner...should be a very exciting game. Frankly, the Knapp arena was a typical gym atmosphere...hard seats, no backs, below ground level. Can be very loud, $1 tickets should draw in a lot of folks which they'll need since classes still have not started there. Wish the drive wasn't so long, we'd be there. Gotta be at work at 6 am Thursday. We'll be watching via SycamoreVision, however. Can't wait.

Go Sycamores!!! :headbang:

SycamorePsycho

The Varsity Level
Hopefully the Sycamores can pull out a win. This will probably be the toughest game they will play so far with the exception of Butler. If they play like they have been playing it should be a good game. Go Trees!!!!!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I think this will come down to guard play, can the ISU guards outdo the DU guards. I think inside ISU will have an advantage, so hopefully they can work the ball into Jay and the others.

I have confidence Gabe, Harry, Rico, Todd, and Lamar will be able to efficiently break the DU press allowing for some easy ISU buckets.

Still think it will be close, but I'll take ISU by 5, ending a losing streak at Drake, ISU has NOT won in Des Moines since 2000, so it's been a while.

It'll be sold out too, so ISU will need to quiet the crowd early.

I'll be watching on Sycamore Vision too, so will be posting here thru the game. Tune in!

:sycamores:

I think the Bulldogs are getting fat, sassy, over-confident & are ripe for the picking. Our Sycamores may just go in there and tear their heart out!

Sycamores 76
Bulldgos 68

GO SYCAMORES !

ISUCC

The Odum Level
no kidding, you'd think Drake was going to kill ISU based on their message board comments at www.drakenation.com

ISU's press release for the game. Will be interesting to see what the Trib Star and Des Moines Register write in tomorrow's paper.

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15200&ATCLID=1364985

I think the Bulldogs are getting fat, sassy, over-confident & are ripe for the picking. Our Sycamores may just go in there and tear their heart out!

Sycamores 76
Bulldgos 68

GO SYCAMORES !

Last edited:

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
When we can string together a few nice road wins or solid outings I will start to feel more confident. Would love to see a State win tomorrow, but judging by how we play on the road, I think this one will be tough to come by. I think State will keep it close, but I think Drake will pull it out by about 8 or so. I really hope I am wrong and will not mind having egg on the face Thursday morning. GO BLUE

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Check out the comments after the article in the Des Moines paper. Boy, those Drake fans are livid about the coverage they get! We should be thrilled with Todd Golden and the Tribune-Star. As angry as I get at them sometimes, at least they don't bury GAME DAY articles about us below a D-II wrestling match!!!

GO TREES!!!

KMillington64

The Blue Level
Drake

Drake has good guard play and that is what will probably win in the valley this year. Our guards are better than they have been in a while.:sycamores: They are athletic and can handle the ball well. GO STATE!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I'm trying to, but it's not working yet!!

Live Stats are working though (from the Drake site link posted above)

ISUCC

The Odum Level
Video is UP and RUNNING!!

man, that Knapp Center is PACKED!!

GO ISU!!!

:sycamores:

ISUCC

The Odum Level
my god, you should hear how the Drake announcers are pronouncing Jay's last name

5-3 DU

Too many turnovers so far, need to settle down and get in the offense. Drake's D is pretty good so far.

Last edited:

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
Yes, it looks like a pretty full house. Anyone know how old that place is and how many it seats? The older it is, the louder it probably is.....

KMillington64

The Blue Level
I don't understand why we don't start Martin instead of McCoy.

Our best line up is
Moore, Marshall, Stinson, Tunnell, and Martin:sycamores: