ISU vs Illinois State

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
ok, time to move on to Saturday's game vs. Illinois State

ISU game notes are up...

GAME NOTES

"Drive killer" still #1 on the QB depth chart, hopefully "the future" will see some playing time this week too.

Illinois State has a prediction thread going on their message board, they think this should be an easy game. After all, they did win 69-17 last season, so it's no wonder they think this will be a cakewalk. They do have a good RB in Geno Blow though. ISU will need to stop him. Their QB is ok.

here is the Illinois State message board link about the game on Saturday. I am sure they will have quite a few fans in attendance too.

Link

let's keep it close ISU blue! no more blowouts this season, please! (well, unless ISU blue is winning I guess)

:sycamores:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I keep thinking of how much praise dowdell got for doing absolutely nothing last season. It makes me snicker.

I guess what matters most is who the players think gives them the best chance to win. I'd love if you could combine the running ability of Chuck with the moxy and passing of "the future". We now have 2 DBs out for the season, and are moving people from position to position in the defensive backfield--this worries me.

The TribStar article talks about more backs getting a look carrying the ball this week. I'm not sure that's a good thing. Go Sycamores!

that article also talks about how some of the players have the "we're never going to win" attitude now too. Not good. Keep it within 18!

Anyway, a couple preview articles from the Illinois State paper:

Link 1

Link 2

The TribStar article talks about more backs getting a look carrying the ball this week. I'm not sure that's a good thing. Go Sycamores!

The article reminds me of something. I was criticized on this forum for saying that Miles' biggest battle would be keeping players after an 0-11 season.

Now you see that I might not be so wrong. People said something along the lines of teams not wanting to line up to receive players from an 0-11 squad...well why wouldn't they want freshman with 11 games of experience under their belts and still having a redshirt year to use due to transfer rules? Seems like a damn good deal to me.

As I said. It starts now. A win this season is beyond our grasp. Start damage control right now, start controlling the poison. Get the games competitive like SEMO and kids will stay. If we get blown out the remainder of the year expect quite a few new faces on the field yet again next fall.

Saw several players eating at the Golden Corral last night. They all were avoiding eating any chicken as they were preparing to feast on "Redbird" today!

THE SYCAMORES WIN THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!

Blue, I hope the team is as optimistic as you are about today. Hopefully they can play 4 full quarters today.

Like Miles said, they're tired of looking at "progress" and really need a win, but I just can't see it today, or anytime over the next 8 games. We'll see. TLS made a good point, gonna take some serious convincing to keep the players around if they go 0-12 this season again.

I hope "the future" gets in too.

Saw several players eating at the Golden Corral last night. They all were avoiding eating any chicken as they were preparing to feast on "Redbird" today!

THE SYCAMORES WIN THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!

Indiana State scores 1st....

3-0 ISU but Illinois State just marching right back down the field, running at will.

Seliger starts at QB for ISU. Interesting.

TD Illinois State, not good defense to start. Gonna be a long day if the Redbirds run like that all day.

7-3 Illinois State leads.

Game's over

27-3 Illinois State, no need to play the 2nd half.

I know things have to get worse before getting better for ISU, but wow, this is beyond sad, this team would surely lose to Carmel high school.

27-6 at the half, no way ISU keeps it within 18 points today.

you folks that went out to witness this, Golden paints a bleak picture, has ISU's offensive and defensive lines given up?

Schmidtke is running for his life and the Redbird RB's are running as though noone from ISU is giving chase.

TLS, you were totally right, ISU needs damage control now, and for the rest of the season.

Definitely going to be an 0-12 season, there isn't ANY doubt about that now.

57-6 Illinois State leads, WOW, Wow, wow! This is just un---be--lievable.

And we thought last year's team was bad, this is straight from a horror film! sheesh!

how long before we start hearing the "cut the program" chants.

NO progress made at all this week.

and to think Ill. State is one of the worst teams in the conference? What happens at Southern Illinois next weekend?

ISU is averaging 6.6 points per game, less than a TD per game. Ouch.

Sad to hear that, but I didn't even bother to follow the game online today. I expected it. West just ran this program so far into the ground it's going to take years to turn it around, if it can even be done.

I've been saying this for a while, but I think the decision really has to be made. Either we drop down to a less competitive conference for football or we eventually will have to give up the program. Is that not possible. It seems unfair for us to be dragging down the conference, which is really the case. It's like putting a AA team in the Big 10. We just don't belong there.

finally, it's over

Illinois State 57
Indiana State 6

can't even begin to imagine the scores of the next 7 games. someone may hit 100 points.

Bent, I wonder how long Miles has to turn the program around? 2, 3, 5, 10 years? How long does RP let the bleeding continue?

Sad to hear that, but I didn't even bother to follow the game online today. I expected it. West just ran this program so far into the ground it's going to take years to turn it around, if it can even be done.

I've been saying this for a while, but I think the decision really has to be made. Either we drop down to a less competitive conference for football or we eventually will have to give up the program. Is that not possible. It seems unfair for us to be dragging down the conference, which is really the case. It's like putting a AA team in the Big 10. We just don't belong there.

finally, it's over

Illinois State 57
Indiana State 6

can't even begin to imagine the scores of the next 7 games. someone may hit 100 points.

They probably won't hit 100 because no one will want to run the score up on us, but maybe they should to send a message. We don't belong and haven't for four years now. It's frustrating. At least a couple of years ago we had a good offense. Now we have nothing. I don't see a bunch of players leaving. Only because they know they can at least start here. Maybe Schmidtke would move on, but he has to show other teams something and how is he going to do that with such a bad team around him? Every time I read Golden's blog it's dropped pass here, dropped pass there. We have to get some receivers and linemen.

I don't know how many years Miles gets but I could see a decision as early as next year if the scores are still the same. I don't even know how it works when you scrap a program. Do you just do it or do you have to fill out your schedule requirements for a couple of more seasons? For the longest time the thought of scrapping the program disgusted me, but I'm tired of having my school be the laughing stock of college football. Here is a question. Will we even score another TD this year? How many? Two, three maybe?

Back