ISU vs Missouri State

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
After leading 4-1, ISU pitching takes it's usual course and gives up 11 runs on 5 walks, 3 hit batters, a wild pitch and a bunch of MSU hits in the 4th inning. ISU's ERA is like 6.62 now, unbelievable. Meggs has got to totally revamp the pitching coaching staff and get some new pitchers for next season, sadly this season is over.

MSU leading 12-4 after scoring 11 runs in the 4th inning, including ANOTHER grand slam given up by ISU pitching. :(

unfreakingbelievable! Ten run rule will come into effect in this one. According to the MSU radio guy MSU batted for over 30 MINUTES in the 4th inning, and that didn't even include the 20 minute rain delay.

17 MSU players batted in that 4th inning, SEVENTEEN!

Last edited:
15-6 is your final, unless ISU scores in the bottom of the 9th. I can't even imagine what Meggs must be thinking about this season?? Possibly, when will it ever end??

Game 2.....

3 walks and a hit batsmen in the top of the 1st lead to 2 MSU runs right off the bat, good lord, more misery today for ISU pitchers. it just never ends...

for those who want to listen to the horror since ISU has no live stats or audio:

http://www.streamaudio.com/stations...KWTO_FM&Mac=No&OptIn=no&Streamtype=&filename=

10-1 MSU leads, top of the 3rd, 4 runs score after 2 outs in the 3rd inning for MSU, same old, same old for ISU...

looks like a 10 run rule games today. The MSU announcer said ISU's ERA is now 6.79 and Meggs is beside himself in trying to deal with ISU pitching.

Last edited:
12-2 MSU leads in the 6th, just 1 more inning and this will end early d/t the 10 run rule.

make that 15-2 after the base clearing triple for MSU.

16-2 after the Sac fly. Wow!

MSU has now scored 31 runs for the series so far after only 2 games.

Last edited:
ISU loses 16-4 in 7 innings due to the run rule, why even play Sunday? The team has given up apparently.

game 3

16-10 MSU leads in game 3 (7th inning), possibly heading for another 10 run rule game here. MSU is gonna score more than FIFTY runs in this 3 game series, that is just unfathomable.....

21-10 in the 9th, MSU will have scored 52 runs in this series and have now swept ISU the past 3 times they have played in Terre Haute.

How sad this team has become, they may not win a game the rest of the year. I feel bad for Meggs, he sure vented his frustration in the TH paper the past couple days.

I can't even imagine what ISU's ERA will be when the new NCAA stats come out Tuesday. It will be well over 7 for sure and maybe close to 8. Sadly, that will rank them close to being the worst in all of D-I baseball.

Megg's SMART on Pitching?

Here's what our HC says:

?I believe Chris Smart is in a very select group of outstanding young pitching coaches,? Meggs stated. ?Chris has both the ability and the work ethic to help our pitchers climb the ladder in the always competitive Missouri Valley Conference. Look for coach Smart to have an immediate impact on our pitching staff.?

Watchu think?????:sycamores:

Smart Idea?

I guess you were absent from school the day they taught "extrapolation skills"...:evileye:

Back