ISU vs SIUE

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I attended the game and ISU was dominating 19-4 in the top of the 8th when i left.

Brady Shoemaker continued his hot hitting and RBI production with at least 2 extra base hits and 5 more RBI's before being removed during a mass substitution in the seventh inning. In a seven run fifth inning (or perhaps the 6th Inn) Ryan Strausberger (sp?) had the largest blow, unloading on a fastball which he deposited over the left-center field wall for a Grand Slam.

All in all this was a great game for our hitters and a fairly good outing for Matt Shelton.

thanks for the update, hopefully they can continue this against D-I teams now. Beating D-II teams to a pulp isn't necessarily going to help ISU in the long run. Need to win at EIU prior to heading west to Arizona. If they win one game out there it will be a success if ya ask me. Arizona is pretty good, heck, the whole PAC 10 is pretty good.

SIUE is Div II. They are in the Great Lakes Valley Conference with Southern Indiana and University of Indianapolis.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
SIU-E is in transition to D1 - in the first year of transition at this point. They do not count in RPI as a contest, etc.
Not sure why there was no LiveStats. There was supposed to be LiveStats, Audio and Video available - as the use of audio and video at baseball against a D2 team was given as rationale for why it wouldn't be availble for the softball DH yesterday against Dayton.

SIU-E is in transition to D1 - in the first year of transition at this point. They do not count in RPI as a contest, etc.
Not sure why there was no LiveStats. There was supposed to be LiveStats, Audio and Video available - as the use of audio and video at baseball against a D2 team was given as rationale for why it wouldn't be availble for the softball DH yesterday against Dayton.

I didn't think they start their trasition until next fall? I could be wrong though!

Back