ISU vs UNI 1/5/08

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
not too early to be thinking about this game here. ISU has won the last 2 meetings vs UNI in TH and need to make it 3 in a row. ISU is 12-4 vs UNI all time in TH as well.

UNI will present a diff. challenge for ISU with their height and ability to work the ball inside. Hopefully the ISU guard play will outdo their guard play.

the game is on Fox Sports Midwest and Comcast Sportsnet Chicago.

This game is also a "white out" game at ISU, man, I hope enough people show up so it doesn't look bad on TV

from the ISU site

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15200&ATCLID=1362907

a preview from the UNI site

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010408aaa.html

not too much posted yet on the UNI message board, www.panthernation.com

:sycamores:

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to catching my second game of the year via SycVision. Hope to see a lot of fans in attendance.

Good luck ISU!

oh wait, since it's being televised does that mean that SycVision won't carry it?

Last edited:
it better be on! I just checked and it's NOT listed under a "live" event for tomorrow! I didn't pay for a whole month for nothing! It shows the women's game at UE as being broadcasted.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to catching my second game of the year via SycVision. Hope to see a lot of fans in attendance.

Good luck ISU!

oh wait, since it's being televised does that mean that SycVision won't carry it?

Last edited:
While this game will in no way make or break our season, it will go a long way towards keeping us out of the play-in Thursday night game, and will energize the team and show them that the new coaching system works. Win or lose, the key is still going to be February. Too often we wore down as the season went along and fell apart at the end. I hope we can start off 3-0, and keep some momentum going, then finish out the season strong and hopefully gain a four or five seed (just being realisitic). Lets keep it going tonight!!!!

Go BLUE:sycamores:

just talked to someone at the game and he says there is a good crowd showing up, and they're even wearing white as encouraged to. Hopefully a 4500+ crowd for this one.

Almost game time......let's get off to a good start ISU!

Off to a fairly good start for ISU, 9-2 ISU.

McCoy already with 2 fouls. ISU has GOT to stay out of foul trouble. 4 team fouls for ISU already! Ugh

Is anyone able to access "live stats" for this game from the ISU site??? Surely that's not blocked out too???

WOW! Great start for ISU, this is GREAT!

ISU up by TWELVE already!

UNI with 3 fouls now, ISU with 4 yet. Sounds like the McKenna gameplan is working to this point!

Someone please tell Marico that he does not have to shoot from the outside all the time. On the first possession he came off a switch and had a wide open lane to the basket, instead he shot it from 16 feet. Yes he made it, but would have been nice to see him go hard early. Other than that, we are playing great and the intensity is there. Seem to be getting a lot of the loose balls.

Keep it up BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BT, are you watching the game on tv?? If so, how is the crowd looking? Hopefully good. I don't get Fox Sports Midwest where I live.

25-9 ISU

Last edited:

ISU is winning EVERY aspect of this game!!

26-11 ISU!!! Keep pouring it on guys!!!!!

Draining the threes! Hit 6 so far, prob the most they've hit all year. I don't get FOX SPORTS MIDWEST either. Listening to it. Would love to see the crowd though.

32-13 ISU!!!!!!! WOW, this is freaking INCREDIBLE!!!!!

MARTIN with the BLOCK!!! and technical foul on Martin after the block?? WTF did he do??

Yelovich into the game?? Wow, first time this has happened in a while. We need Mick to play well against the "bigs" of UNI.

Announcers say the crowd is really into it too!

ISU by Seventeen now!

Other Scores

Ill. St. up big on SIU by 17
Bradley up on WSU
Creighton up by 10 in MSU

Last edited:

41-23 at the half, UNI scores the last 6 points of the 1st half.

ISU needs to come out in the 2nd half and put it to UNI and not even give them an ounce of hope of coming back.

Crowd is mostly in white and appears to have almost filled the lower bowl with some scattered in the upper yellow. Would guess around 4500 or so. Not bad, but still doesn't look great on tv when they show the wide shots and you see a bunch of ugly, empty yellow seats.

41-23 at the Half, can't play much better than this. Hope we don't cool off in the 2nd half.

Agree, hope the trees can keep it up in the second half.

All too often mid-major teams never come out and pick up where they left off after having a big first half. I'd love it if McKenna could get this team to do exactly that....pick up where they left off.

Back