Jan. 26th MVC games

ISUCC

The Odum Level
Drake vs. UNI
SIU vs. CU
UE vs. MSU
Bradley at WSU

gotta say, I hope DU, SIU, UE and WSU win these games as this would help ISU stay near the top in the MVC.

Right now Drake up 4 on UNI in the 2nd half.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
UNI takes the lead by 3, then Drake ties it at 42, VERY exciting game here at DU!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
53-49 UNI leading, 5 min. to go in Des Moines!

53-52 UNI, under 5

55-53 Drake leads!

57-54 Drake leads, :30 sec. left!

Drake wins! 58-54, this helps ISU!!

Other games have not started yet.

Last edited:

ISUCC

The Odum Level
SIU up on CU, low scoring game, anyone else watching on espn2??

Bradley is killing WSU

Evansville up by 11 on MSU

:sycamores:

ISUCC

The Odum Level
CU up by 3 on SIU at the half,

Bradley beats WSU

and UE is crushing MSU, so UE should get win #1 in the MVC.

Last edited:

Bluethunder

Hugh McAwesome
Supporter
I am not saying this as a put down on SIU, but sometimes I wish they weren't chosen as our "national" game, if for no other reason then they rarely play a "pretty" game. It is always a grind it out, low scoring game, and thats fine if thats how they want to play. A win is a win, but it doesn't bring a lot of new fans and excitement to the MVC when they watch Southern play. Putting other teams on that can run, press and score would make a more appealing matchup for those who don't follow the MVC. Not everyone wants to watch a 40 minute game end up 49-45 or something.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I agree, man, that was an UGLY game, but SIU wins 48-44.

Bradley won at WSU and Evansville pounded Missouri State.

Indiana State still the only team to win in Carbondale in conference play the last 7 years, I heard it mentioned 2 times by the espn2 announcers.

Indiana State now all alone in 3rd place in the MVC! NEED a win at Ill. St. Sunday!

I am not saying this as a put down on SIU, but sometimes I wish they weren't chosen as our "national" game, if for no other reason then they rarely play a "pretty" game. It is always a grind it out, low scoring game, and thats fine if thats how they want to play. A win is a win, but it doesn't bring a lot of new fans and excitement to the MVC when they watch Southern play. Putting other teams on that can run, press and score would make a more appealing matchup for those who don't follow the MVC. Not everyone wants to watch a 40 minute game end up 49-45 or something.