[January 10, 2021] Indiana State (3-6) vs. Loyola (7-2)

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
vs.

Indiana State Sycamores (3-6) vs. Loyola Ramblers (7-2)

Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN
Sunday, January 10th, 2021
6:30pm EST Tip

Last edited:

GoSycamores

The All-MVC Level

Indiana State University men's basketball returns to the friendly confines of Hulman Center Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 9-10, to take on Missouri Valley Conference foe Southern Illinois University. Both games tip at 1 p.m. and can be found on ESPN3 and WIBQ 97.9 FM.

More...

HOOPSFAN

The Varsity Level
Low fan confidence thinking "might win one"......... should expect to win both; although you may be right? If SIU plays "Mullin defense" and Laravia and/or Williams spend more time on the bench than on the floor, warm up the bus ...... even if home games.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
The fact that they’re still starting and playing Trent Brown tells me all I need to know... That kid is brutal. We have a chance...

BrokerZ

The JSW Level
Supporter
SUI sucks. We’re no juggernaut, but SIU just about got doubled up by Drake the other night. I watched both of their games with Drake and there’s not a lot to be worried about. If we play like we did in the second game with MSU we win both games this weekend.

Don’t make me eat my words, Sycamores...

Gotta Hav

The Newsom Level
Supporter
Where does he fall on your scale of 1 to Brandon Burnett?
The fact that they’re still starting and playing Trent Brown tells me all I need to know... That kid is brutal. We have a chance...
Is this the same Trent Brown that scored 21 points against Butler, when SIU beat Butler earlier in the season? In the game that NO ONE gave SIU a snowball's chance of winning?

Yeah, Trenton is gawd awful, he was 5-6 on 3PT shooting. 7-9 on FG's, 2-2 FT's and NO Turnovers against Butler

No doubt in my mind, he's definitely a Brandon Burnett or Lucas Eitel type washout....and probably more of a dud.

Southern Illinois vs. Butler Dec 21, 2020
STARTERSMINFG3PTFTOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
M. DomaskF4011-203-81-11340003226
A. D'AvanzoF161-30-11-2011210033
T. BrownG347-95-62-20331000321

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Was this a statistical outlier in his career at SIU? Or is he averaging 21 points per game these days?

treeman

The Newsom Level
Laquarious Paige once scored 20 points against Iowa State. That was cool.
Totally forgot about that happening. That was probably the last time I saw some one in an ISU uniform “go off” that is normally a role player or lower.

GoSycamores

The All-MVC Level

The Missouri Valley Conference has postponed the Indiana State-Southern Illinois men's basketball series (Jan. 9-10) at Hulman Center due to positive COVID-19 test results among Southern Illinois' Tier I personnel, which consists of student-athletes, coaches, managers and staff. The Conference will announce make-up dates for the series/games at a later date.

More...

Gotta Hav

The Newsom Level
Supporter
Was this a statistical outlier in his career at SIU? Or is he averaging 21 points per game these days?
Wow, this is just like being interviewed for my last clearance...or watching a Cop show.

The interviewers already know the answers, but ask the questions anyway, to see if you know what they already know.

Last edited:

Fife

The Blue Level

The Missouri Valley Conference has postponed the Indiana State-Southern Illinois men's basketball series (Jan. 9-10) at Hulman Center due to positive COVID-19 test results among Southern Illinois' Tier I personnel, which consists of student-athletes, coaches, managers and staff. The Conference will announce make-up dates for the series/games at a later date.

More...
Any chance of getting Carver College to fill in?