[January 11, 2022] Indiana State (8-6) at Northern Iowa (6-7)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
. I always remember what Bob King said “if you don’t shoot as many free throws as the other guy makes, you are in trouble.” So true.

Who will be our seven players for tonight? Henry, Bledson, Wilbar, Larry, Thomas, Tucker, Peterson
Who will be our starting five? Of those starters, how many will play 40 minutes? Henry, Bledson, Wilbar, Larry, Thomas
Will Cam Henry be our leading scorer? Yes, tied with Thomas at 18
Will Cam Henry be our leading rebounder? Negative, Bledson had 13
Will Xavier lead the team in assists? Affirmative, tied with Thomas at 5
Will Simon connect on more than two 3-pointers? YES, made 3
Will Simon attempt more than five 3-pointers? Yes, attempted 8
Will ISU shoot more than 20 3-pointers? More than 25? MORE THAN 30?!?!?!?! More than 30 it is, attempted 38
Is UNI back to being UNI? Or is their 3-game winning streak an anomaly for this team? The jury is still out on this one, but I think trending yes to being back.
Will UNI have 4+ players score in double-digits? Affirmative
Will AJ Green remain healthy for the rest of the season? Does UNI's success depend on it? Jury is still out. Success is a relative term
Will each team score more than 72 points? Yes
What are the chances we can come home from this game with our second conference win? Chances seemed pretty good when we were up 17 points in the second half
Have you ever been to Cedar Falls? Is it better than Cedar Rapids? How about Cedar City, UT? No. Probably Not. Scenically, no.

Just feel absolutely robbed after that one.

Every guy played their ass off yesterday; the amount of adversity in that game was damn near impossible to overcome and yet we should have won. Larry has gone from guy I thought was not meant for this program to a guy that I would go to battle with every game. Kudos to that kid. I like where our program is right now and how we are trending. Hopefully we use this game in the right ways and build on it. Not too many times in my Sycamore fandom have I walked away from a loss more proud of the team.
And whoever said this is the least respectable UNI team earlier in the thread hit the nail on the head. I typically respect UNIs program but I hope we get the opportunity to send their asses home in St. Louis.

. I always remember what Bob King said “if you don’t shoot as many free throws as the other guy makes, you are in trouble.” So true.

What did he say when the foe MAKES 2 1/2 as many as you shoot?

last night's FT stats

Tall Trees of the Wabash: 9 of 11

Purple p**sies: 23 of 25

I really thought we'd win last night, and we really should have. Having a new coach, new players, new system, etc is all new to opposing coaches and teams we play so they don't know how to play against us yet.

It's not like under the previous coach we had where every opposing team knew EXACTLY what we were going to do and it was easy to beat us. Schertz will keep things mixed up and I think we'll do better than most people think. The players seem to actually ENJOY playing for Schertz, as opposed to playing in constant FEAR under the previous coaching staff

+/- Report for Jan 11, 2022 vs UNI: UNI 80 ISU 74 in OT

Players......................................................................+/- Regulation.....+/- Total.....Minutes Regulation..... Minutes OT
Thomas.............................................................................+5................................-1...............................33...................................5
Henry.............................................................................+1..................................+1................................36...................fouled out in regulation
Larry.......................................................................................0.................................-6..............................40...................................5
Wilbar...................................................................................+9................................+3............................27..................................5........................................
Bledson................................................................................-1................................-7...............................38.5..............................5...................
Peterson............................................................................-13..................................-19..........................20..................................5................................................
Tucker.....................................................................................-1...................................-1............................5.5................................0.5............

My thoughts on the game after watching it a second time.
Henry got hosed on the fouls that were called against him.
The foul against their guy that turned into a flagrant against ours was pathetic. Those refs should be fined for that.

Freshmen Eligibility Report: =/- for the past several games
I did not do this on the blowout games or Bradley where there were only 8 minutes of sub time for the game.

I omitted minutes played in this table. For someone like Wilbar it is significant as he played very limited to zero minutes early in the season but his role has expanded in the last few weeks.

MOST RECENT GAMES ARE LISTED FIRST

Player...................UNI...........Oakland.......Alabama A&M.............NDSU............Miami, Ohio..........Loyola...Ball State...........NMSU.....OU....UWGB
Thomas..............+4............... +9..........................+19..........................-10..................+1...........................-11..............-19...................-14..........-21......DNP
Larry.....................-6.................+8............................+13........................+12.................DNP.........................-11..............-22..................-14..........-27.......+7
Wilbar..................+3.............. +10........................+1.............................-3...................-3.............................-12..............-2.....................DNP.........+3........DNP
Peterson...............-19..............DNP......................-3................................DNP............DNP..........................DNP.............DNP..............DNP........DNP.......DNP
Crawford..............DNP...........+2...............................+9.........................-1....................+2...........................-14.................+2.................DNP..........+1.......+3
TEAM....................-30..............+45............................+120......................-35...................+5........................-60..............-110................-70...........-120......+20

Have you ever been to Cedar Falls? Is it better than Cedar Rapids? How about Cedar City, UT?
Yes and I've drove through the parking lot where the Unidome and the basketball arena are at. I've also been to Waterloo too many times to count, which is the main city up there and Cedar Falls is similar to West Lafayette as a local example. There's a Road Ranger truck stop on the east side of Waterloo I like to stop at with a nice family restaurant.

I've never stopped in Cedar Rapids, but it is a neat city to drive through. The interstate runs right through the downtown area. Waterloo kind of reminds me of Terre Haute, but in a good way.

Never been to Cedar City, UT. The only parts of Utah I've been to is the northern part along the interstates that connect Wyoming to Idaho; and the southeastern portion through towns like Bluff and Mexican Hat on the way to Monument Valley.

Back