[January 2, 2021] Indiana State (3-4) at Missouri State (4-1)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
282.gif
vs.
2623.gif

Indiana State Sycamores (3-4) vs. Missouri State Bears (4-1)

JQH Arena - Springfield, MO
Saturday, January 2nd, 2021
6pm EST Tip

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Sycamores are 2-8 against Missouri State at JQH. One win was last year and the prior win was in 2011-2012.

Lansing vs. Ford. Heck, with these two, it could be Ford vs. Ford, or Lansing vs. Lansing. Is it possible that each of them could lose both games?

Can Jake stay out of foul trouble? If the answer is yes, I like our chances to at least split. If the answer is no, we are probably looking at an 0-4 start in the Valley.

Prim is a mule inside for the Bears...we have nothing to stop him. Williams could, but that's a big "if"...right GL? LaRavia on Prim would be like a fly on the ass of the "Mule."

From the Missouri State board ........... guess they weren't aware he couldn't be canned at that time?

"Honestly, I was a bit surprised that Indiana St. retained Lansing after we crushed them in St. Louis this past March. Lansing has had a pretty Hinson-esque tenure Indiana St., if you exchange all of Hinson's top-100 seasons for Lansing's lone NCAA Tourney appearance. Indiana St. has never finished with an SRS ranking better than 104 in Lansing's ten seasons, so I would be ready for Lansing to go, too, if I were a Sycamores fan.

image_handler.aspx

Indiana State University men's basketball travels to Springfield, Mo. to take on Missouri State University in its first road trip of Missouri Valley Conference play Saturday, Jan. 2 in a 7 p.m. contest AT JQH Arena. The game is the first of a two-game series against the Bears, with the second played Thursday, Jan. 3 at 5 p.m. Both games are part of the Valley on ESPN, as Saturday's game will be broadcast on ESPN+.

More...

I feel like Neese, Key, and LaRavia will all have to score at least 15 points minimum for us to have a prayer in either game. The only thing stopping Prim is an injury, getting into foul trouble, or a Covid test. I was going to drive over to this game before the Drake series since MSU allows fans, but I've decided to just stay home and watch it. I'd rather not take the chance of driving 12 hours total just to watch us not even be competitive. At least in my house I can just shut it off if it gets too bad.

Speaking of which, Missouri has been one of the more relaxed states when it comes to Corona restrictions. I'm wondering if Arch Madness will allow fans since the arena is so huge and based on how many people show up anymore social distancing should not be an issue.

From the Missouri State board ........... guess they weren't aware he couldn't be canned at that time?

"Honestly, I was a bit surprised that Indiana St. retained Lansing after we crushed them in St. Louis this past March. Lansing has had a pretty Hinson-esque tenure Indiana St., if you exchange all of Hinson's top-100 seasons for Lansing's lone NCAA Tourney appearance. Indiana St. has never finished with an SRS ranking better than 104 in Lansing's ten seasons, so I would be ready for Lansing to go, too, if I were a Sycamores fan.

The way Mo State treat Hinson was disgraceful... That program has a fan base that is also quite delusional about it’s history.

So while change is inevitable - having a Mo
State fan speaking for me is pretty rich. I’m good on that - Blaming Hinson for the reason they sucked. Ha. What a joker.

Usual starters tonight. Thought Lansing might switch things up but he’s sticking with Larry at PG.

And Jake with an early foul.

First possession and LaRavia picks up a foul. Awesome.

Safe to say that everyone in the Valley knows it's pretty easy to get JL in foul trouble and that we fall apart as soon as he does.

Larry at least drew rim on his first shot.

They’re going to let him shoot from wherever he likes. Zero respect for his jumper, and I don’t blame them.

Back