Jarvis, Odum, and Gant video

SydCamore

The Captain Level
Thanks for the videos.

Justin Gant is the best of the three.

I thought it was funny to read the information on the right side of the screen for the Odum and Jarvis videos. They said that they were hands-down the state's best PG and Shooter, respectively.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Ummm have you seen Odum play? Have you seen Jarvis shoot? Gant is who we thought he was, if you want to go ahead and crown his ass best player then crown his ass. But Gant is who we thought he was!

Odum is a flat out player I don't care what you think. Look at the numbers he has put up this year and please tell me other wise.

Thanks for the video!

TH_Sycamore12

The Captain Level
Thanks for the videos.

Justin Gant is the best of the three.

I thought it was funny to read the information on the right side of the screen for the Odum and Jarvis videos. They said that they were hands-down the state's best PG and Shooter, respectively.
That's Mike Saylor for you.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Oh without a doubt that's Mike Saylor. He is being just a little factitious... If I happen to see them play another game this year and him yell "TORNADO" one more time I am going to have to leave the gym. He is like the boy who cried wolf.

SydCamore

The Captain Level
Oh without a doubt that's Mike Saylor. He is being just a little factitious... If I happen to see them play another game this year and him yell "TORNADO" one more time I am going to have to leave the gym. He is like the boy who cried wolf.
Haha!

I love his intensity and I love the fact that he really likes his players.

By the way, I like the Denny Green reference as well. Good Work Morgan!

I think that Jake Odum is REALLY good! I think he will play the earliest out of the 4 kids coming in next year. That being said, there are quite a few point guards in the state of Indiana that are very good.

Kendall Brown from Evansville Harrison is rediculous. He is going to SIU and the only reason he isn't going higher is because SIU's coach is his uncle/cousin.

Jordan Hulls from Bloomington South is headed to IU. He is crazy good! Best in the state!

IMHO, Jake is going to be a great player for ISU. But everybody is putting WAAAAAAAAY too much pressure on him with this "He is the best PG in Indiana" stuff. Just let him play.

HoopMaster

The Varsity Level
Jarvis and Odum are very good, not going to argue that at all. Let them prove it themselves. I understand the coach having a bias for his players. All he has to say is "In the top 5....." etc.
This arguement will get tested when they play North Central. South has yet to beat a team with strong guard play. Lawrence North was a great win, but they have ZERO guard play.

The team they have played with the best guards was Marshall and they got beat. Terone Johnson and Smith-Rivera at NC are better than the Eitels. If South beats NC then I will get on their bandwagon as the best backcourt.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Fair enough... In Odum's defense(which he happens to play very well) he had a pretty good individual game against Marshall.

Saying he is the #1 guard in the state is going to far without a doubt. But Odum has responded pretty well to it I'd say. I mean you put up 25+ points a game then you are taking the #1 guard in the state talk to a level of legitimacy. Some kids could not handle that pressure and would back down for sure. He does not seem to be that type of athlete. He seems to love the big stage and rise to the occasion. He has got a bright future!

SydCamore

The Captain Level
Hoopmaster,

Well Done! NC is rediculous.

Morgan,

Will you be attending the THS vs. North Central game at THS on Feb. 14? I'm not sure if I will be able to make it or not. If so, can you give us a report?

HoopMaster

The Varsity Level
Next friday Jan 30th should be a big night for Jarvis and Odum. They play North at Hulman Center. North has very little in guard play and Odum and Jarvis should both run wild. Gant will have a tough time, since he will rely on a Patriot guard getting the ball to him, it could be a long night for the bigs from North.
Everyone come out and support these great local players no matter who you root for, or just come out and see them in person and you can make your own opinions.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Hoopmaster,

Well Done! NC is rediculous.

Morgan,

Will you be attending the THS vs. North Central game at THS on Feb. 14? I'm not sure if I will be able to make it or not. If so, can you give us a report?
I will make an effort to attend this game as long as I am not on the road I will be their.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
That's Mike Saylor for you.
I've been waiting for some ----- to come on here and start dissing Saylor. Thanks for playing...:mad:

Even if it was Saylor, anyone coming from Terre Haute needs all the pub they can get to get recognized on the state level. He's just trying to build some backing for his players so that they might gain All-State honors. Nothing wrong with that. I'd be disappointed if a coach wouldn't go to bat for his players.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
I've been waiting for some ----- to come on here and start dissing Saylor. Thanks for playing...:mad:

Even if it was Saylor, anyone coming from Terre Haute needs all the pub they can get to get recognized on the state level. He's just trying to build some backing for his players so that they might gain All-State honors. Nothing wrong with that. I'd be disappointed if a coach wouldn't go to bat for his players.
The real questions is do you know where I can get Mike's shooting video with Brian Evans that he developed about 10 + years ago! I am trying to make a comeback! Laughable...

HoopMaster

The Varsity Level
And I was waiting for someone to rush to Mike's side.....

Mike told people last year that they will be seeing RJ play in the NBA during the Pizza Hut. He throws out such wild things so often he loses credibility when he might be on to something. Instead of saying "RJ is a talented player who has a bright future" he sends Mahurin to the NBA.....says Jarvis and Odum are not only among the best.....ARE the best. He loses more credibility each statement. Dont mix up the fact that all of these players I have mentioned are VERY talented, Im speaking directly to that point that Saylor throws way too much crap out there.

SydCamore

The Captain Level
Hillarious!

I LOVE Saylor's intensity and enthusiasm! Some may say he has too much, but that is better than too little.

Keep it up Coach!

TORNADO!

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
ahahah you guys are to much! Mike Saylor is sitting at his desk right now reading this and soaking it up! He's thinking, "I'm a man, I'm 40!" He wouldn't know what to do if he actually got into the path of a real TORNADO! I just want them to re name the play Twister or Cyclone or Title Wave something fresh.

True Blue

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
For what its worth, Terre Haute South won at North Central last year. I havent seen every player in Indiana play, but I have seen Hulls play and I was not impressed. Granted, it was only one game but a couple of his teamates looked better to me.

Also, Gant's video is from his dad. Nothing wrong with promoting your players or son. Last year, not even JC's were recruiting Odum or Jarvis, now they might possibly be the best backcourt in Indiana. I think THS is at least top 3 when you throw in McGill and McIntyre with Odum and Jarvis.

THS just couldn't hit anything against Marshall. It didn't have anything to do with Marshall being guard oriented. THS just didn't shoot their normal percentage.