Jerimy Finch to Indiana State?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Former Warren Central High School football standout Jerimy Finch, who played at the University of Florida as a freshman last season, has been released from his scholarship and will transfer to another school.

More...

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Wow. I figured he was a done deal to Indiana, but it makes some sense for him to come to Indiana State. Finch has had a pretty crazy 18 months and has some pretty unfortunate circumstances. In that time he was committed to Michigan, then Indiana and then signed with Florida.

He could use a situation like Indiana State where he was out of the spotlight where he could focus on his family issues and academics.

Could be a very good get for ISU...it depends really on how early this kid wants to play. I have no doubt that if he came here he would walk right on the field in the fall academic problems or not.

However, there is a major difference in exposure between IU and ISU. Say what you will about Shonda Faulkner, but having played with him, if he was anywhere else he wouldn't have been trying out next weekend, he would have been signed/drafted 6th-7th round.

This would be awesome.

Finch would be an All-American, for sure. He would possibly go down as one of the best DBs to ever play at Indiana State if he came here.

This kid is no joke........... Remember, Michigan and Florida were all over him.

I saw him play quite a few times in high-school. He is a great player.

This would be awesome.

Finch would be an All-American, for sure. He would possibly go down as one of the best DBs to ever play at Indiana State if he came here.

This kid is no joke........... Remember, Michigan and Florida were all over him.

I saw him play quite a few times in high-school. He is a great player.

Vencie Glenn was in the exact same situation, dropped by Wake Forest, Raetz gives him a scholarship, and the rest is history.

Did I miss something? All I see is Indiana on there. I didn't see ISU anywhere. I probably didn't read it right, but I didn't see us in there anywhere.

Did I miss something? All I see is Indiana on there. I didn't see ISU anywhere. I probably didn't read it right, but I didn't see us in there anywhere.

It's in the Indy Star article, quoting a Florida paper saying he would either transfer to Indiana or Indiana State...

I don't see how the Indy Star got ISU out of the Gainsville, Fla. paper? There aren't any schools listed in the Gainsville article, at least the one I read anyway.

Regardless, let's hope he does come to ISU though.

It's in the Indy Star article, quoting a Florida paper saying he would either transfer to Indiana or Indiana State...

There was an article in the Gainsville paper stating it. I cannot find the original article any more, but I'll look through my web history to see if I can find it.

I would love for this kid to come. What would you guys think if he came for a year so he wouldn't have to sit out and then jumped to I-A? That kind of stuff happens from time to time.

another interesting spin on the Finch deal I found:

"Finch To Transfer: Outside linebacker Jerimy Finch has been released by Florida and will transfer to another school, officials told The Gainesville Sun.

Finch, who suffered a knee injury while being tackled after making an interception in the Tennessee game last year and missed the rest of his freshman season, was having trouble in the classroom and missed some spring practices for extra tutoring.

Indiana is the only school specified in the release granted by Florida that Finch cannot attend."

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/may/07/former-players-avoid-jail-time/

Good work CC! That takes care of that. He would be an instant star on this squad and in this league I think. I think with Mile's connections we may start seeing a few more of this caliber kid transferring our way. People won't be wiping their feet on us for much longer! :sycamores:

Jeremy Finch could be a great player here at ISU but dont give him the all american title just yet just b/c other big time programs where all over him doesnt mean that he is the best player in the world he still has to play in a very competitive conference and prove that he is truly elite..........with this being said i have seen him play at least 8 times and he is the truth If ISU could get him and former bg transfer brian jackson back on the field together we might have the hardest hitting safety combination in the entire country plus one look at this past draft will tell you that players are getting drafted no matter what school they come from if you dont believe me ask players like rogers cromartie from TSU drafted 16th from TSU or Jarome simpson drafted by the bengals from costal carolina..........not to mention the connections that i am sure coach miles has now from working with so many players who now play in the national football league

Mark my words when Dr. Pettyman and coach miles are done with this place ISU will be what hispanics or to african americans in the USA.

Schools like Ball State, IUPUI, Butler, and mac schools in the surrounding states may want to start paying attention to what is going on in Terre Haute

Brandon Jacobs SIU, Edgetan Hartwell WIU, Rodney Harrison WIU, Tony Romo EIU, Lamont Robinson ILL State etc........there is talent everywhere

I don't have a clue what you mean about hispanics and african americans. That confused the hell out of me, but I hope you're right on the rest.

Jerimy Finch left Florida after the the '07 season and transfered to IU and has played there for 2 seasons (08 and '09) already mostly special teams. He will be a senior this year.
"things never worked out for Finch at IU, and Friday the school announced that the safety is leaving the team to "pursue other options outside the program." ESPN

I dont know where is going but it isnt IU

Back