Justin Furr to replace Zac Boisvert

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter
The Josh Schertz job application:

Are you bald?
Yes
No

Kidding aside, Welcome aboard coach Furr!
That's funny you mention this.

I'm watching our first game last year on TV, and my wife sees it and the first thing she says is, "looks like all of the coaches have the same haircut." We do have a type, apparently.

CardLake49

The Starter Level
Supporter
I'd say it's official based on his Twitter profile.

Here is his profile from his last stop at FGCU:

Not surprised that he spent considerable time in DII. Also not bothered by that one bit given what he helped get accomplished in his stops. Lets get to work coach!!!!

GoSycsGo

The Recruit Level
Not time to get excited Sycamore fans.... here is the scoop on Furr from the basketball/coaching world.... Coach Furr has been at 3 previous D1 programs as an assistant.... All 3 times it ended very poorly... while an assistant at High Point, the staff was Fired and Furr and Assistants were investigated by the NCAA (you know you are really bad if you are cheating for players and still losing), since then, High Point has had success and won the Big South.... Coach Furr's next stop was at UNCW, where the staff was fired for not winning, since then UNCW has been a Mid Major power house that sent Keatts to ACC..... Coach Furr's most recent stop was FGCU, where he joined a brand new staff at the best program in the ASUN (ask anyone), he was there since day 1 and had the HC's ear more than any other assistant during the first 2 years, now the 3rd year was much different, FGCU was on the hot seat and Coach Fly stopped listening to Furr and even interacting with him after only listening to him and burning FGCU's program to the ground..... Don't believe me? WATCH THE TAPE, pull up a FGCU timeout in year 1 and then a timeout in year 3. :)

TreeTop

The Menser Level
GoSycsGo....we finished 11-20 this past year. Could it truly get that much worse with having Furr as an assistant?

I'll give him a chance.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Not time to get excited Sycamore fans.... here is the scoop on Furr from the basketball/coaching world.... Coach Furr has been at 3 previous D1 programs as an assistant.... All 3 times it ended very poorly... while an assistant at High Point, the staff was Fired and Furr and Assistants were investigated by the NCAA (you know you are really bad if you are cheating for players and still losing), since then, High Point has had success and won the Big South.... Coach Furr's next stop was at UNCW, where the staff was fired for not winning, since then UNCW has been a Mid Major power house that sent Keatts to ACC..... Coach Furr's most recent stop was FGCU, where he joined a brand new staff at the best program in the ASUN (ask anyone), he was there since day 1 and had the HC's ear more than any other assistant during the first 2 years, now the 3rd year was much different, FGCU was on the hot seat and Coach Fly stopped listening to Furr and even interacting with him after only listening to him and burning FGCU's program to the ground..... Don't believe me? WATCH THE TAPE, pull up a FGCU timeout in year 1 and then a timeout in year 3. :)
Great first post. I bet you're fun at parties...🥴

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator

Who are you a fan of? Obviously it isn't the Sycamores so having context and background may make your claims a bit more credible. As it lies, you sound a bit like a jilted lover.