Kareem Richardson to Clemson

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Clemson is planning to hire Kareem Richardson as its new men’s basketball assistant coach, a source told ClemsonSports.com on Wednesday.

Pete Thamel of Yahoo! Sports was the first to report the news. Richardson’s hire is expected to become official during a Board of Trustees meeting Thursday morning.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Interesting. And too bad. But he’ll prob make 200-300k+ at Clemson. Can’t blame him!

Quite a few "connections," many thru the Evansville grapevine (where Richardson played under Jim Crews while JIM Brownell (Brad's father) coached baseball @ UE:

But like GL @ ISU, not everyone is keen on the "style" of Clemson hoop under Brownell's decade of leadership:

Last edited by a moderator:
So...is the Richardson deal a "2 for 1," with ISU's Tyreke Key floating for a final year in the ACC under a questionable Brownell offense? He needs to think twice about such a move, as opposed to JS's up-tempo offensive design. Besides, hasn't the ACC ratings dropped in recent yr.?

Btw, my error(age?)...Brad's dad coached @ Castle HS - Brownlee, is NOT Brad's father. Brad went to Harrison, played w/ Calbert Cheaney on a good squad in '87, then played under Waltman @ Depauw.

***I would've corrected this, but 'Boda NEW system only allows 5 min for editing, unlike the "old" design.

I saw where the guy he's replacing made $235K, and he made $100K here. No brainer.

Wonder WHY Kareem couldn't find a job after UMKC?

Interesting read, so thanks for posting. But, I don’t know that it puts Kareem in that bad of a light. He believed the coach was telling the truth. He was wrong about that, but there aren’t any details that he was involved too.

Interesting read, so thanks for posting. But, I don’t know that it puts Kareem in that bad of a light. He believed the coach was telling the truth. He was wrong about that, but there aren’t any details that he was involved too.

Pitino has ZERO credibility; google Rick Pititino and Karen Sypher and then brace yourself.

Pitino will do, say anything to try to square his reputation

Pitino has ZERO credibility; google Rick Pititino and Karen Sypher and then brace yourself.

Pitino will do, say anything to try to square his reputation
I don’t dispute that. All I’m saying is that there is no direct link to Kareem in what was posted.

So you think that a couple of Div. I Asst Coaches on the same Staff weren't aware of what was happening? Kind of like the left arm not knowing what the right arm's up to...and THEN Richardson hire's the same guy to be his Asst. @ UMKC? Gimme a break...

let him leave, best wishes, nice pay raise, and coach Schertz gets his own people he feels comfortable with, and so where does our good old friend Jake Odum stand ??? Rick Pitino is slime.

Good luck to Kareem Richardson......a first class guy.
I’m not defending him. I think it is certainly possible he knew. But you posted something that says here is why he never got another head coaching job. I read it thinking there was going be some smoking gun. What you posted was nothing more than him saying he believed the guy was telling the truth. That’s all I was saying.

Best of luck to coach Richardson. Is a good recruiter and a hard worker and will be a valued member of the staff at Clemson. Hopefully he and the program do well and he can parlay their success into another head coaching job.

Best of luck to coach Richardson. Is a good recruiter and a hard worker and will be a valued member of the staff at Clemson. Hopefully he and the program do well and he can parlay their success into another head coaching job.

Yeah - I was never a big Richardson fan in the first place. I was glad that Clink didn't take the easy way out and hire him as the HC just because he was here and seemed to be the next man up. That said, Richardson has been a part of a lot of winning programs - Clemson will be winning again in no time. Follow the money - it always finds a way to win.

Back