Karma?

SydCamore

The Captain Level
Absolutely not. We are struggling because we don't have Harry Marshall. Harry has the ability to shut down the opponents best scorer. He also helps to control the pace of the game, which we are struggling with. Harry is also our best finisher on the fast break.

Although Harry may not score 20 points/game, the other things he brings to the team are HUGE. We need Harry back tremendously.

Ong Hop

The Sycamore Level
Harry IS a talented BB player. His return however will not save this team.
We currently have a unit composed of HS stars. They were the "go to" guy. Now they are attemping to play D-1 BB. They are a learning a new system. They are learning a new speed of the game, learning that they need to get their shot off quicker and learning that they can't drive the lane like they use to...plus they need to learn to be "roll players". This is a tough transition.
A transition that all very good BB players must make as they travel from HS to college to the NBA. Some players never learn & though talented quickly fall to the side and are left behind. Hopefully our players will soon make the necessary transition and we become a TEAM not just a bunch of players.

hooper#5

The Blue Level
Dear Cole Holmstrom,

Stop bi***ing about being cut from the team, you were not good. Move on with your life and stop posting on this board.

Sincerely,

All Indiana State Fans
Dear dumb a$$,

I am a fifty year old woman who doesn't even live in the state.

Anything else you want to ask?

hooper#5

The Blue Level
Wow. A gal with sharp wit and a sports fan to boot... Yeah, I've got one... Are you married? :bigsmile:
Happily so, twenty years and counting. One child headed to IU in the fall and a son starting on his varsity team as a freshman. Yes, I am a proud ma ma.:)

bent20

The Odum Level
So with all that going on why the "interest" in the Sycamores?
I was wondering that, too. Why spam a board for a school you have nothing to do with? If you have a grudge against the coach keep it between the two of you. Coming here just to annoy and offend fans is a pretty childish thing to do and accomplishes nothing. And as I've said before, it does nothing but tarnish Cole's reputation with the fans.

hooper#5

The Blue Level
Alum. Have supported sycamore athletics for years. From near and far.

I am always amazed at the "good ol boy attitude."

Do you really think people who don't give a damn waste their time on boards that they don't have an interest in?

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter

Do you really think people who don't give a damn waste their time on boards that they don't have an interest in?
Strange statement that I bolded. I haven't seen any evidence of supporting anything ISU from your posts. You just always seem happy when we lose. Strange...:krazy:

bent20

The Odum Level

Well, what are you interested in, besides your family and seeing us lose. You've already made it clear your allegiance to one player over rides everything else.

hooper#5

The Blue Level
I am not interested in losing. Quit the opposite. I am not interested in just one player. I would be interested in any player who is kicked to the curb like trash. They are Sycamores too. I am interested in graduating kids and developing kids that have values, morals and well rounded fundamentals that serve them for life. I am not interested in building a new football stadium. IN is a basketball state and I think our limited resources could be better spent on our basketball programs. If you ask any non football coach "off the record" the would agree that football sucks the life out of everything else. That didn't stop me from going to all the football games when I was living there. I have known many past coaches players and their families personally over the years and have felt they have represented the university with class.

Now for the mom in me. What do you think parents think of "fans?" who are happy to rake their sons or daughters over the coals. What do you think parents think of "coaches?" who only see players as removable replaceable parts as a means for their self furtherment without re guard for the personal growth and well being of the student athlete.

Sycamores come in all shapes and sizes. We are going to have a whole vault of different ideas about how to do things but it doesn't make us less of a Sycamore because we don't agree on how things should be done.

bent20

The Odum Level
The Sycamores have been one of the few programs in the country to continually graduate all their players. It's quite the accomplishment and something to be proud of. As for a new stadium, I hope they build it. It would be great for the university, the city and the students and it wouldn't just be used for college football.

hooper#5

The Blue Level
Harry Marshall is on the bench right now because he is academically ineligible. Firstly, that is Harry's own doing. Let's face it, if you don't go to class or do your internet course or whatever, you don't deserve to play. Secondly, that is the coaching staffs fault for not monitoring academic progress.:mad: That is just a sad simple fact.