Kitchell can dunk

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

meistro

The JSW Level
Supporter
There's been rumors around here that Jake can't dunk. Thought you'd all like to know that I just saw it for myself on wtwo channel 2. Footage from practice yesterday. I love Jake, but I too was beginning to wonder if he could dunk, haha.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
With all the technology around today this could all be some type of computer-generated illusion. I'd like to see this for myself -- preferably 2- 3 times in Hulman Center on Feb. 25th while a couple of Shockers stand there in awe ............Hell the whole crowd will be in awe !

If I remember correctly a dunk coun2 points just like any other shot from inside the ac. Maybe it can fire up the crowd if hit. Missing a dunk has had the opposite reaction . Yeah, I like a dunk sometimes. But to speak critically in a bad way of a player just because he doesn't dunk is uncalled for IMHO. I had an Engllish/drama clas with Dr. Murphy man years ago. He sometimes remarked that Wil Shakespeare wrote plays with titles appropriate for many things. Dunking is appropriate for "Much Ado About Nothing".

If I remember correctly a dunk coun2 points just like any other shot from inside the ac. Maybe it can fire up the crowd if hit. Missing a dunk has had the opposite reaction . Yeah, I like a dunk sometimes. But to speak critically in a bad way of a player just because he doesn't dunk is uncalled for IMHO. I had an Engllish/drama clas with Dr. Murphy man years ago. He sometimes remarked that Wil Shakespeare wrote plays with titles appropriate for many things. Dunking is appropriate for "Much Ado About Nothing".

I wasn't talking critical about Jake. I just thought that after all this time of people wondering if he could dunk that it was kind of interesting that I saw it with my own two eyes. I don't care how he puts it in the basket as long as it goes in.

I wasn't talking critical about Jake. I just thought that after all this time of people wondering if he could dunk that it was kind of interesting that I saw it with my own two eyes. I don't care how he puts it in the basket as long as it goes in.

I must have read something into your post that I took in the wrong way. Sorry about that. Go Trees!

I think I might have been the one who initially started this. I mentioned that I didn't ever recall him dunking one in a game.

Personally, I've never dunked one....and it would seem like this could hurt your hand if you don't grab the rim properly during the dunk....The rim is a hard piece of metal. I can see why guys choose not to do it.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I recall seeing Jake go up for a dunk one time then someone slid a piece of paper in from of him and he tripped . The face is the kid just cannot jump. Thats not being critical it is stating a fact. watch his so called jump shot it is more of a set shot than jumper .

I recall seeing Jake go up for a dunk one time then someone slid a piece of paper in from of him and he tripped . The face is the kid just cannot jump. Thats not being critical it is stating a fact. watch his so called jump shot it is more of a set shot than jumper .

Oh...Kitch is definitely the King of the "3 Point Set Shot"....I don't think anybody else in the country shoots those without jumping like he does........but he's deadly...and that's all that matters.....

Offensively Jake is definitely as effective as anyone we have at shooting the 3. The point about dunking for him and Gant is that trying lay the ball in for them over the past couple of years has often resulted in a missed shot. Dunk it and you're done. Only two points yes, but an emphatic two points.

Back