[March 20, 2024] Indiana State (28-6) vs SMU (20-12)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
What a night. Sluggish early due to not having played for 11 days, once we got untracked we were magical.

Second half we shot 70% from field, 83% from 3, and 90% from line. Teamwork was great, crowd was great. After all the drama of the past few days it was my favorite and most rewarding game of the year.

Still have no idea what to believe on Schertz. Heard another story tonight where he allegedly told someone there is no way he’d take his family to St. Louis. Someone is lying, just don’t know who.

I have come in off the ledge and am ready to accept whatever happens. Still not confident, but whatever is going to happen is going to happen. The last couple of seasons have been really special and I hope we get to play four more games this year.

The crowd is so cool. I really hope we can collectively continue this home court advantage regardless of the coach/players going forward.
Just settling in afternoon the game and man, Nick, that crowd in the 2nd half was unreal. Just an amazing environment. Coach has not made a decision and I am just going to enjoy the ride for as long as we have it!

To be fair, we were down 15 when I posted that
Doesn’t matter in the least. This team has came back from deficits all year. You guys are killing HCJS and the players for something that’s not even a for sure deal. You will all feel real shitty when he comes back. All the stuff I’ve read over the different threads about OUR coach and OUR team… man. All the things they’ve done for our city and this is how we repay him?

image_handler.aspx

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State men's basketball earned its first NIT win since the 1977-78 with Wednesday night's win over SMU, 101-92.

More...

Doesn’t matter in the least. This team has came back from deficits all year. You guys are killing HCJS and the players for something that’s not even a for sure deal. You will all feel real shitty when he comes back. All the stuff I’ve read over the different threads about OUR coach and OUR team… man. All the things they’ve done for our city and this is how we repay him?
I get your sentiment here, but I promise that if and or when Josh comes back, shitty is going to be the last thing this group of passionate fans feel.

This message board contains die hard fans that have been through a lot of shit. A lot of venting happens and sure, the alarms go off when rumors start swirling. The group cares. Take a deep breath, I promise you’re among people here who bleed blue and no one wants Josh to leave. Keep that passion going, though. The teams gonna need all of it for this postseason run! Roll Timber!

Drove back from Westfield for the game...some thoughts.

-70 westbound between Indy and TH is a mess right now with the construction just past Plainfield.
-Great crowd pregame at the Terminal.
-Saw lots of "Give to Blue Day" table tents up at Terminal and Hulman Center. Hopefully we can transition those to NIL focused ones for the weekend.
-It makes my heart incredibly happy seeing Hulman Center packed.
-Hulman Center got LOUD loud tonight...love it.
-Jayson Kent played like a man absolutely possessed and it was incredible.
-I've been to hundreds of ISU games at Hulman Center and dozens upon dozens away from Hulman Center...even with all the uncertainty going on, this was one of the most fun, intense, and exciting Sycamore games I've ever attended.
-Sounds like Terminal is going to have an awesome outdoor tailgate setup in the parking lot on Sunday.

Last edited:

Just read through the game thread and man some of you need to chill out. I sure hope players and parents don't come on this board, quite embarrassing. I went to the game and it was a little bit of a different environment than normal. Partly because of the way NIT makes them run the game and you could tell the guys were a little off. Also, I can't stress enough how athletic, and physical those guys were. Once we got comfortable with that physicality, they started playing better. Jayson Kent willed that team to the win. But everybody else played their butts off too, diving for every loose ball. That second half was amazing and the loudest arena I've ever been in. I'm so glad we had a good crowd and supported the team. I actually got a little emotional at times thinking how many more times will we see them and was just amazed at their effort. Last, after tonight, I've decided that I'm not gonna worry about the future, I'm just gonna enjoy this team as many games as I can.

I watched the game in airports (on my phone)... Saw the first half while boarding and taxi - down 7... When I landed at BWI we were up 4 with 8 to go. I watched the rest while walking all the way to baggage claim.. people thought I was... Um... Odd.. cheering/cussing during those final minutes. I grabbed my bag as the buzzer sounded.. victory!

In the car on the way to my destination, my wife told me that I had just missed one of THE MOST ELECTRIC NIGHTS in ISU basketball history (since 1979..) That's a pretty tall order given the 2000's team... But I will say that it sounded VERY LOUD on ESPN+..

Congrats to ISU and I'm so glad that Terre Haute is able to experience this euphoria that this team and coach have given us... Electric.

It is such a turnaround of emotions from what I've had over the last 5 days... I hope there is still a chance to keep the team together in this community.... We clearly all work very well together!

Last edited:
Just read through the game thread and man some of you need to chill out. I sure hope players and parents don't come on this board, quite embarrassing. I went to the game and it was a little bit of a different environment than normal. Partly because of the way NIT makes them run the game and you could tell the guys were a little off. Also, I can't stress enough how athletic, and physical those guys were. Once we got comfortable with that physicality, they started playing better. Jayson Kent willed that team to the win. But everybody else played their butts off too, diving for every loose ball. That second half was amazing and the loudest arena I've ever been in. I'm so glad we had a good crowd and supported the team. I actually got a little emotional at times thinking how many more times will we see them and was just amazed at their effort. Last, after tonight, I've decided that I'm not gonna worry about the future, I'm just gonna enjoy this team as many games as I can.
Did Swoop get hurt? Why wasn’t he in the game last 10 minutes? I only saw the ending 12 minutes of the game.

Back