[March 6, 2020] Indiana State (18-11) vs Missouri State (15-16)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
282.gif
vs.
2623.gif

Indiana State Sycamores (18-11, 11-7) vs. Missouri State Bears
(15-16, 9-9)

Enterprise Center - St. Louis, IL
Friday, March 6, 2020
9:30 PM EST Tip

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
This is gonna be a dog fight and we will need a heckuva game plan to combat their athletic ability.

Key and C-Will will have a say in this one. There’s a score to settle. That last game left a bad taste in everybody’s mouth.

I think if we have a good D performance and then have Key and one other person shooting hot (or an all around performance by Laravia) we have pretty good shot to win this.

MSU is going to be a sexy upset pick for this tournament, and I hope Lansing & Co. use that as fuel to motivate our players. I'd venture to say most will not pick us to win this game, and that's fine. We've been doubted by everyone all year; no need to worry about outside expectations now.

Does anyone know his status yet? I tend to think that we win if he plays, but I have my doubts if he doesn't.

There's no update on his status that I'm aware of, but he was just suffering some back spasms. I think if our game with Valpo was closer he would have played more in the second half. I'd be extremely surprised if he was limited or didn't play on Friday.

This is baaaaad timing for a back injury to fare up. We have potentially 3 games in 3 days, and we'll need all hands on deck and as healthy as possible. I hope he's getting all of the treatment and rest he needs to be ready to go.

For tournament week, I thought the coverage of the basketball team as been a little weak. Still, the ISU basketball twitter account did post a video from practice yesterday, and Jake didn't seem to be anywhere in the clips (prominently or in the background).

This is baaaaad timing for a back injury to fare up. We have potentially 3 games in 3 days, and we'll need all hands on deck and as healthy as possible. I hope he's getting all of the treatment and rest he needs to be ready to go.

For tournament week, I thought the coverage of the basketball team as been a little weak. Still, the ISU basketball twitter account did post a video from practice yesterday, and Jake didn't seem to be anywhere in the clips (prominently or in the background).

I think the department has been dealing with all things new logo this week.

I think the department has been dealing with all things new logo this week.

You're right. It even seems on here, though, we are treating this like a 8-9 game where the season is over (or we wish it was over). I'm kind of surprised at the lack of discussion regarding this game across the board.

You're right. It even seems on here, though, we are treating this like a 8-9 game where the season is over (or we wish it was over). I'm kind of surprised at the lack of discussion regarding this game across the board.

with no wednesday game its like a bye week for football

The wildcard players for MSU in this game are Da Silva and West. Those guys have all the talent and potential to be all-conference players, and they've largely dissapointed throughout the season. Still, they create significant matchup problems for us and they have the ability to go-off and be difference makers for the Bears. Keandre Cook, Prim and Mosely will be the consistent performers for them, but what we do to deal with Da Silva and West will determine our chances in this game.

Unfortunately, having a healthy LaRavia will be very important to stymie their athletic forwards. We're going to need guys like Cobie, Kessinger and possibly even C-Will to play some time at the 4 and hold their own. It could make sense to go small for some periods of play with C-Will at the 4 with Tre at the 5, and press and be aggressive in transition.

Back