[March 6, 2020] Indiana State (18-11) vs Missouri State (15-16)

meistro

The Newsom Level
Supporter
Wow. Read a lot of posts in this thread, and the Lansing Honor Guard bloggers to a person, are blaming the players and calling them out by name for this ass kicking.

This LOSS does NOT rest on their shoulders, this DUMPSTER FIRE rests on LANSINGS shoulders. Go ahead, respond to my post with some DOUBLE-DOWN comment defending Lansing...and while you're at it....call out some more players by name for this. Heck, I don't think there was a player who wasn't mentioned by you all.
Well, I’ve slept on it and still really pissed. No way to defend that performance. I’m not surprised we lost, just real disappointed in the lack of fight. This was a step in the right direction season, unfortunately last nights performance like in previous seasons stifles any momentum or good will. It’s easy to blame the coach and he has to take that. He also never took a shot last night. This game was lost in the first 5 minutes when we couldn’t throw it in the ocean. Tyreke is one of my favorite players, but he took a step back this year. He started settling for 3s instead of driving to the basket. Maybe it’s his injuries, I don’t know. #lifeasasycamorefan

meistro

The Newsom Level
Supporter
Almost unfathomable how poor this team played. Never changed pace, no penetration, killed on boards, poor point guard leadership and play on this night and on and on. Hard to find any bright spot from coach on down so little value in talking about all the deficiencies. Obviously, talent better than showing so natural to question coaching and, of course, we all had hoped our coach was the proper general to lead this team despite the criticism that has been leveled against him. Sure helped a lot that we didn’t play Thursday. I certainly could understand a loss but this was a thorough beat down. We don’t match up well with their bulk and bangers and Vegas money was overwhelmingly on MoState by 3-1. But this.....wow.

I think you touched on something real important, point guard leadership. Our successful seasons in the past 20 years were when we had a great point guard.