Men's Team Halted

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

What in the hell happened? Lansing was just stoked about good news with everyone testing negative and returning to practice a couple days ago?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Looks like we may have to continue with politics.

The problem is that literally everything this year revolves around the pandemic. I think we can all admit that this pandemic couldn't have happened in a worse year (election year). Everything about this virus has been politicized unfortunately. It may have happened in a non-election year too, but I'm not sure it would've happened to this level.

The biggest thing I think people on both sides need to realize is that everywhere is different. I can actually understand a lot of the restrictions and partial shutdowns in places like NYC and Chicago where you have thousands of people living per square mile. Doing a shut down in rural Kansas though is just ridiculous. I picked a random county in western Kansas (Lane County) and they've had 79 cases and 2 deaths. I actually started scrolling through and there are a lot of counties there that haven't even had 1 death yet and many others that have only had 2 or 3. People that live in these rural areas and small towns already practice social distancing and the chances of it being spread rapidly in these areas just isn't that likely.

Like our country....we have descended down the political rabbit hole....now on the hoops/Covid-19.
What has happened to the Sycamores will happen to other teams throughout the season.
This is not a one and done situation. The Sycamores did everything possible to prevent this.
and still it happened.

Take care and be well to all.

How do football teams play week in and week out? And we have to cancel all these tournaments with a sport where 6-7 guys are needed?
They're not. Last week I think it was between 15-20 games that got cancelled. I feel like it's been a solid 10-20 each week but I could be wrong. Only reason it's fresh in my mind is I was watching college gameday earlier this morning and they mentioned it.

Never Trumper eh? All fine and dandy to not be a fan of his, but posts like this are just plain ignorant. “ONLY thing he’s ever said to be factually correct.” Is that a factual statement?

y’all will be a lot happier if you could come on this site and talk about Sycamore basketball. My grandma and grandpa and both in the hospital right now with COVID. It sucks, but they will both be home this week and will recover.

Are you a therapist? Pretty sure thousands of folks are happy w/ bashing politicos, lawyers and others

as far as the soon-to-be ex-president; he likely gets the names of 3 of his kids right, and probably 1 of the 2 ex-wives; other than that? it's a toss-up

Prayers to your grandparents for a swift, full recovery

The problem is that literally everything this year revolves around the pandemic. I think we can all admit that this pandemic couldn't have happened in a worse year (election year). Everything about this virus has been politicized unfortunately. It may have happened in a non-election year too, but I'm not sure it would've happened to this level.

This virus and every virus is agnostic, apolitical and "blind to time & dates" every other year is an election year, the only issue w/ COVID and the 2020 Presidential election was it's use by politicos as a campaign issue; just as politicos use anything they can find that "gains legs" as a campaign issue

The biggest thing I think people on both sides need to realize is that everywhere is different. I can actually understand a lot of the restrictions and partial shutdowns in places like NYC and Chicago where you have thousands of people living per square mile. Doing a shut down in rural Kansas though is just ridiculous. I picked a random county in western Kansas (Lane County) and they've had 79 cases and 2 deaths. I actually started scrolling through and there are a lot of counties there that haven't even had 1 death yet and many others that have only had 2 or 3. People that live in these rural areas and small towns already practice social distancing and the chances of it being spread rapidly in these areas just isn't that likely.

absolutely agree on urban vs rural areas needing to do what's best for themselves but you could have a OTR driver who picks up the virus in one area and brings it into another, the bitch w/ this virus -- all of the pros are learning about it on the fly

A truck driver definitely could spread it around, but we're "essential" so a shutdown doesn't stop us.

The shut down in my view was a joke anyways, which is why I don't think we should have another one in Indiana. It was like the federal government shutting down where only around 20% of the government is actually shut down. The problem is that in our society it is basically impossible to have a true shut down. All the mom and pop stores had to close along with the restaurants, but your local Menards, Walmarts, gas stations, dollar stores, fast food, etc. all got to stay open. I was told that Menards was busy basically everyday after the shut down began and even more so after the stimulus checks came rolling in.

So far around 5% of Vigo County's total population has tested positive for the virus at some point. Around 70 people so far have died from the virus which would mean around 1400 would die from it total here if everyone caught it. However I'm going to take an educated guess that far more than 5% of our population has had it already. A lot of people just don't get tested, especially those with very mild symptoms or those that are asymptomatic. The estimate is that that the actual case count is anywhere from 6-24 times higher (depends on the area) than the confirmed count, which on a conservative scale would mean over a fourth of this county (~30%) has likely had the virus and just doesn't know it.

I think I already had it back in December. I had the sore throat, cough for around a month (took a special med to cure it), fatigue, fever of 104 for a day or so, couldn't get out of bed. Hadn't been that sick since middle school.

I think most of Vigo County/Terre Haute has had it already. I know numerous people who think they've already had it. TH numbers were pretty low until about the time the college kids came back on campus. Guarantee they've been the biggest increase. Numerous people I've talked to don't think we'll ever need the trucks. We've had like 70 deaths since March because of covid. One of them even said the death rate is lower compared to last year.

I take every precaution I can. I take care of my grandmother. Haven't been to a sporting event since an ISU baseball game in March. I only go out to Walmart and doctor appointments. I wear a mask every time and I make sure my grandma is too. She doesn't take it as seriously as I do. She thinks it's a hoax. I've come to a conclusion, most people who refuse to wear a mask or denounce their importance simply don't give a shit about other people. They just don't care. Masks DO WORK. The numbers continue to climb because those selfish assholes continue to not wear masks and hang out with all their buddies and get everyone sick. People don't listen to the guidelines and do whatever they want. No matter the risk. I see about 10-15 people in Walmart every time I visit without a mask. I don't see it changing any time soon either. People made masks a political topic and it's been a complete mess.

I thought this mess was supposed to end after election day?!

I think the president might have got the bill for the Florida trip and said wow I think we have all have the covid! Tight assess!

Was just listening to Doug Gottlieb and Pat Forde talk about college hoops and the inside circles believe COVID will be much more disruptive in college hoops vs football. They were talking about Gonzaga and how they had kids test positive after the game after testing negative when they got there as an example.

Was just listening to Doug Gottlieb and Pat Forde talk about college hoops and the inside circles believe COVID will be much more disruptive in college hoops vs football. They were talking about Gonzaga and how they had kids test positive after the game after testing negative when they got there as an example.

Only going to get worse after kids return from Thanksgiving and then Christmas break.

Back