MVC Coach Flashback

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

xfactor9600

The Captain Level
Below is a list of the coaches in the MVC in 2003.

1. Dana Altman - Creighton
2. Mark Turgeon - Wichita St.
3. Tom Davis - Drake
4. Jim Les - Bradley
5. Steve Merfeld - Evansville
6. Porter Moser - Illinois State
7. Greg Dermott - Northern Iowa
8. Matt Painter - Southern Illinois
9. Royce Waltman - Indiana St.
10. Barry Hinson - Southeast Missouri

How many are left?

Last edited:

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
There are five new coaches this year alone, the first time there has been that much coaching turnover in the Valley since 1978-79 if I am not mistaken. That's just crazy.

The MVC has become a national player the past 3 years so it's becoming more like the "power" conferences, win or we'll find someone that will!

Or win and you get a BIG job offer .............................. Most have left for media-perceived "Greener Pastures"; i.e. Weber (mistake) , Turgeon (probably a mistake), McDermott (probably a mistake), only Davis (retired) & Painter may have left & will thrive that I can think of off-hand? Altman came close to making a BIG MISTAKE but came to his senses before sealing the deal.

I'm not so sure Weber leaving for Illinois was such a big mistake. Lots more money and a much bigger stage. They had a down year last season but I don't see them down for long. Painter will be a huge success in West Lafayette with his recruiting ability. I agree with you oh that the MVC has also become a "stepping stone" for alot of very good coaches.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Back