MVC's Lone Entry in the Super-Regionals: Dallas Baptist News

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Gee, do you believe that the Sycamores have a "grapevine" link to Super-Regional participant Notre Dame? Talk 'bout being thrown into the "lion's den." The Irish are playing Mississippi State down in the "grits & black-eyed peas" garden.

Notre Dame has a graduate C/OFer named Alex Brait who played his HS ball under BOB DOTY @ Viera HS in Brevard County, FL. Doty was an Asst. @ ISU when Coach Hannahs was playing under Bob Warn, relocating to "baseball heaven" along the Atlantic Coast of Central FL for "some reason." LOL

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Looks like unless you've subscribed to the ESPN TV pkg, you WON'T be able to watch the Super-Regionals...they "wean you" on ESPN3, then throw away the key! Makes ya wonder how much $$$ the NCAA is getting in this "deal?"

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
2-0 DBU...Jackson Glenn 2-run shot in the 1st.
Hamel w/ 6 SO's & only 2 hits after 4 IP.

Radio Feed:

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
2-0 DBU...Jackson Glenn 2-run shot in the 1st.
Hamel w/ 6 SO's & only 2 hits after 4 IP.

Radio Feed:

Top 5th:

Va's Tappan w/ solo HR over RCF...2-1.

Back-back blasts...tied @ 2. New game...#6 & 7 hitters!

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Ortiz 3-run dbl. 5-2. Knocking Hamel hard...
Funny...DBU's Heefner gave the #3 hitter for VA an intentional BB to pitch to the #4 cleanup & got stung!

Hamel w/ 30 pitches THIS inning...now @ 90. Not used to this level of humidity in Dallas.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
Top of 9th...'frigg'n "lightning/rain" delay...DBU needs 3 outs to win, but the delay could impact the efficiency of their ace reliever.

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
I listened to a lot of the game on my phone. Not sure why it took so long to warm someone else up in the 5th after the back to back UVA HR's. DBU should've put someone else in when it was 2 outs, bases loaded, tied 2-2. Thankfully DBU is talented enough to come from behind. Hopefully they can escape with the win whenever the game eventually resumes.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
I listened to a lot of the game on my phone. Not sure why it took so long to warm someone else up in the 5th after the back to back UVA HR's. DBU should've put someone else in when it was 2 outs, bases loaded, tied 2-2. Thankfully DBU is talented enough to come from behind. Hopefully they can escape with the win whenever the game eventually resumes.
I agree...Hamil's pitch count was high for the 93+high humidity temps. Heefner screwed up in the 5th also when he "undervalued" Ortiz' season, intentionally walking the #3 hitter before Ortiz cleared the bases w/ a double. The dude has had a hot stick...RESPECT it.

BU Wins 6-5:

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
I'm glad they were able to finish them off in the top of the 9th after the long delay. Hopefully DBU can finish the job tomorrow (preferably) or on Monday. You don't get too many opportunities like these.