Nathan Christensen hired as Athletic Director

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

Serious request. I know this thread was made March 24, but does anyone know when ISU hired the firm? Also, can someone please explain why it took us so long (assuming the hire was recent) to hire the consulting firm who is tasked with helping us hire our next AD?

Serious request. I know this thread was made March 24, but does anyone know when ISU hired the firm? Also, can someone please explain why it took us so long (assuming the hire was recent) to hire the consulting firm who is tasked with helping us hire our next AD?

Would have been around that time. D1 Ticker is a daily (or sometimes multiple) email distribution list that announces all sorts of D1-related news.

Actually just got their Evening Standard. Here is what it looks like:

Would have been around that time. D1 Ticker is a daily (or sometimes multiple) email distribution list that announces all sorts of D1-related news.

Actually just got their Evening Standard. Here is what it looks like:

So why did it take so long to hire them? Its not like we just fired SC a couple weeks ago. What gives?

Short answer. It's the presidents hire but Debbie shouldn't make the hire. The problem with time here is the president search should have been swifter and concluded 2 months ago.

So why did it take so long to hire them? Its not like we just fired SC a couple weeks ago. What gives?

Best guess? Trying to time it out so that once the new President is hired, they can have the finalists ready for them to interview and make a selection.

But again, just my guess.

This shouldn't be done at just power conferences. I'd also ask this question to potential AD applicants and if they couldn't give me something, anything of value on where they see D1 athletics going, they'd be instantly disqualified from the search. We don't need someone that doesn't stay current.

---

At this point, the vast majority of power conference schools have at least engaged in internal discussions about how they will operate their athletic programs under an employment model, Mit Winter, a college sports attorney at Kennyhertz Perry, told On3. They know there's a good chance we're approaching a world in which athletes will collectively bargain for compensation and health and safety benefits.

So proactively preparing for a new paradigm is not only wise, it's imperative.

"It would be akin to athletic director/president malpractice to not at least be doing this," Winter said. "With respect to actually spending time seriously modeling it out, that number is not as large. I'd say less than half. But I think it would be smart to start spending time on this as well."

So Godard doesn’t officially take over until end of June, does anyone know if the process is moving forward or is it just in a holding pattern until he officially takes over?

From Friday's D1Ticker. This verbiage would lead me to believe Angie Lansing is not among the two finalists as she is on campus. Sounds like Godard is hiring his guy or gal.

CollegeAD indicates the Indiana State AD search is down to two candidates, both of whom will visit campus next week. (link)

Awesome, someone that knows how a college football program within our own league is supposed to be ran. We also have a president that witnessed how a renovation of a stadium can be done.

Back