NCAA eliminating National Letter of Intent

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Might as well. What's the point of having one when the athletes can change their minds whenever they want to and not have to sit out at all? I fully expect basketball to have in-season transfers in a few more years when the semesters end/begin around Christmas/ New Years.

Honestly, it feels like we are just a few short years away from having the rug completely pulled out from under us. By us, I mean mid and low majors. I am sure this is just another way for the big boys to gain the upper hand. They are tired of sharing and sometimes losing to the little guys on the big money stage so what better way to fix the issue than to get rid of us all. It's hard enough watching a once in several decade team get ripped apart and shuffled to bigger programs, but when the playing field continually gets rigged more and more, it becomes seemingly pointless to care much. I absolutely hate that money has destroyed NCAA sports as well all knew them.

I mean the NLI has been about absolutely nothing the last 3 years or so. If coaches are trying to recruit players in the handshake line after a game I don't think the NLI was doing much as far as keeping other programs away

Back