NCAA slashes distribution to Division I schools by $375M

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I am surprised that this didn’t get more response from members. I see very serious cuts coming for many schools. Does anyone know how dependent ISU is on this money?

I am surprised that this didn’t get more response from members. I see very serious cuts coming for many schools. Does anyone know how dependent ISU is on this money?

Highly, HIGHLY dependent

The 2018-19 ISU Foundation Annual Report lists the following "Athletic $$ Figures"

- $1.3+M Total Donor Support for FY19
- $153+K from the 24-hr media driven "All In For Elevate" Campaign
- $850+K from the "Elevate Campaign"

The NCAA receipts are arguably 50% of State's total athlete revenues

https://issuu.com/indianastateunive...annual_report_single_pages?fr=sZTkzYjE2MTA5Nw

There were 1,615 Varsity Club members for the 2018-19 school/athletic year
There are 5 levels of Membership of the ISU Varsity Club

Varsity Club Membership Levels and Benefits

Platinum Sycamore Level*: $10,000+
AD’s Level*: $5,000-$9,999
Coach’s Level*: $1,500-$4,999
All-Conference Level: $500-$1,499
Blue & White Level: $125-$499

*Denotes Champion Circle Levels. Varsity Club membership begins at $125.

https://gosycamores.com/sports/2016/11/20/varsity-club-membership-and-benefits.aspx

Last edited:
How are they going to split the money for Division 1? In my fantasy world every conference would get 1/32 of the money, but I am sure that is not what will happen. We all know how it is split up normally, but since a bracket wasn't released I am curious to see how this works out.

How are they going to split the money for Division 1? In my fantasy world every conference would get 1/32 of the money, but I am sure that is not what will happen. We all know how it is split up normally, but since a bracket wasn't released I am curious to see how this works out.

The most "equitable" way would use the traditional formula and decrease by 1 year/unit as there wasn't a 2020 tourney OR they could be bold and use the "proven" 2020 tourney teams (decided conf champs) and then use the regular season champ as determined by the conference for the entire 2020 field.

Box of Jelly Bellys sez the distro won't be too favorable to the smaller schools

Is this money from the NCAA distributed to the conferences and then split to the conference members? If that is the case is it evenly split amongst conference members or does a University that has a team qualify to participate in a NCAA tournament receive a larger cut? Hopefully it is distributed evenly amongst all conference schools. Also how would that work for the MVC vs. the MVFC?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Is this money from the NCAA distributed to the conferences and then split to the conference members? If that is the case is it evenly split amongst conference members or does a University that has a team qualify to participate in a NCAA tournament receive a larger cut? Hopefully it is distributed evenly amongst all conference schools. Also how would that work for the MVC vs. the MVFC?

the bulk of the money is the Big Dance TV revenues; the formula for that money is based on Big Dance participation as determined by participating schools, the conferences have some say in how they split it

I think "single sport conferences" (MVFC, Pioneer Football, etc) don't "exist" in this scenario... the "primary" conference of membership would be the conference in question

Back