New Assistant Coach?

JamesHat

The Varsity Level
Any rumors floating around about whom might be up for the vacant assistant position?

Also, does anyone know what Lou Gudino brings to the table? Doesn't look like he ever played collegiate basketball. Just curious what he has produced in his tenure at ISU.

:sycamores:

btisu22

The Varsity Level
Any rumors floating around about whom might be up for the vacant assistant position?

Also, does anyone know what Lou Gudino brings to the table? Doesn't look like he ever played collegiate basketball. Just curious what he has produced in his tenure at ISU.

:sycamores:
Lou wasn't brought in until after KMac was brought in. I think to be fair to Lou we need to give him some time yet. He has only been around about a year.

sycamore fan

The Varsity Level
Are you kidding? Coach Gudino has ties to the area; he's a great recruiting tool. (Don't tell him I called him a "tool!") He's paid his dues as a juco coach and an assistant. He works hard and fits in with a great staff in general.

JamesHat

The Varsity Level
Are you kidding? Coach Gudino has ties to the area; he's a great recruiting tool. (Don't tell him I called him a "tool!") He's paid his dues as a juco coach and an assistant. He works hard and fits in with a great staff in general.
Lighten up Francis...I was only asking for some elaboration on what expertise he brings to our program. On the surface, I see someone that did not play college basketball, has only 2 years of coaching experience at the D1 level, those were in Louisiana, and the rest of the experience was D-II, junior & community colleges in Texas. I'm just curious what he has brought in, seems Lansing & Gouard have been credited for the most recent set of recruits.

I'm glad he works hard and fits in with the staff. I just through the question out there...

Little Eddie

The All-MVC Level
ISU finally announces their new assistant:

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=65149&SPID=7259&DB_OEM_ID=15200&ATCLID=1473644

To be honest I think this is a really good get for ISU. You get a guy who works w/ big men who's been around the block before...he was known for his rebounding as a player. Hopefully this will translate into getting more skilled at this aspect of the game for the Syc's. The fact that he has very strong ties to Chicago is great as well. IMO, due to it's proximity to Indy, I think Chicago is the best recruiting grounds for ISU. I would almost put it on par w/ getting a kid from Indiana. Now that we've already got Isiah and Carl on the squad this could be the start of a serious pipeline. Kids can come in from Chi-town and be close enough that their parents can drive down to see them often but they're far enough away to have that sense of independence as well (which is good for the maturation process.) They get a solid conference w/ great competition not too far from home. What's not to like?

Obviously continuing to pursue Indy kids is a priority but I'd have to put Chicago in there at a close 2nd. Kev and Deryl (and for that matter, Greg) know Chicago very well and I would expect to see more recruits coming out of this area in the future w/ this new addition.

S

Stillhere c5sh

ISU finally announces their new assistant:

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=65149&SPID=7259&DB_OEM_ID=15200&ATCLID=1473644

To be honest I think this is a really good get for ISU. You get a guy who works w/ big men who's been around the block before...he was known for his rebounding as a player. Hopefully this will translate into getting more skilled at this aspect of the game for the Syc's. The fact that he has very strong ties to Chicago is great as well. IMO, due to it's proximity to Indy, I think Chicago is the best recruiting grounds for ISU. I would almost put it on par w/ getting a kid from Indiana. Now that we've already got Isiah and Carl on the squad this could be the start of a serious pipeline. Kids can come in from Chi-town and be close enough that their parents can drive down to see them often but they're far enough away to have that sense of independence as well (which is good for the maturation process.) They get a solid conference w/ great competition not too far from home. What's not to like?

Obviously continuing to pursue Indy kids is a priority but I'd have to put Chicago in there at a close 2nd. Kev and Deryl (and for that matter, Greg) know Chicago very well and I would expect to see more recruits coming out of this area in the future w/ this new addition.

I dont know i think hes not very good at coaching in general during the games it didnt seem like he did anything

S

Stillhere c5sh

Hes just that a tool. Gudino coaches as good as a first grader

bent20

The Odum Level
At least he's not a tool who goes onto message boards and rants against teams he has a personal grudge against.

S

Stillhere c5sh

I must say that some coaches know what they are doing. but in this case he seems like a puppet out there