New Episode-March to the Arch Podcast

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I can give a quick preview (mine personally). Loyola, Evansville, the Jailbirds, SIU, and Valpo look terrible so far and I don't have much expectations for them. The jury is still out on us and Drake. MSU struggled against a D3 school. BU and UNI look decent on paper. Conference will be terrible again. 1 bid league. Stay out of Thursday.

For the record I am looking forward to basketball season, but I basically view the season as 11 or 12 exhibition games with 18 games you need to do well enough in to stay out of Thursday. There are only 3 games that matter and they are in St Louis. You just need to improve throughout the season and give yourself a chance to win it.

Last edited:
I can give a quick preview (mine personally). Loyola, Evansville, the Jailbirds, SIU, and Valpo look terrible so far and I don't have much expectations for them. The jury is still out on us and Drake. MSU struggled against a D3 school. BU and UNI look decent on paper. Conference will be terrible again. 1 bid league. Stay out of Thursday.

For the record I am looking forward to basketball season, but I basically view the season as 11 or 12 exhibition games with 18 games you need to do well enough in to stay out of Thursday. There are only 3 games that matter and they are in St Louis. You just need to improve throughout the season and give yourself a chance to win it.

Based on Wed. night's win over Belmont (which has a good nucleus back from last year's NCAA qualifier), I'm not as critical of the Redbirds. The Aces are a "wait & see" until mid-January when they'll have their 6'9" Pitt transfer in step to offer interior defense & rebounding.

Last edited:

Great episode guys.

Enjoyed hearing Michael Admire's perspective on Drake and the Valley. Surprised Baker had some good things to say about the Sycamores :)

And loved hearing the Sycamores picked to win their next two games.

Not sure how many Sycamore fans are listening to the podcast (maybe a lot, maybe a few)...but for those who haven't listened...it's certainly worthwhile.

Great episode guys.

Enjoyed hearing Michael Admire's perspective on Drake and the Valley. Surprised Baker had some good things to say about the Sycamores :)

And loved hearing the Sycamores picked to win their next two games.

Not sure how many Sycamore fans are listening to the podcast (maybe a lot, maybe a few)...but for those who haven't listened...it's certainly worthwhile.

Thanks for the kind word and for listening. As we did with Michael Admire/Drake, an Indiana State episode is on our short-list to do soon, hopefully the cards align for that.

-Baker

PS - I am warming up to Indiana State. Random that it comes after and 0-2 week, but the Iowa trip is no joke. At least you have this going for you, Illinois State comes to town, and like I said on the podcast, Illinois State is not allowed to win in Terre Haute.

BRAND NEW EPISODE OF THE SHOW!!!!

Vance and I break down all the action (including last night's two games), as well as any other goings on in the MVC. We do a "trust fall" segment, which was fun, as well as throw out a great suggestion from one of our listeners, Thank you Joe.....10 player team, 2 Centers-4 Forwards-4 Guards and only one player per MVC team. You can find my list on twitter (@MarchArchBaker) and post your own thoughts on that thread or here. Fun show as always, check it out!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1xHqZ8fs1TzHf8HMTQREYG?si=_cCvpra2QSaw0YMvtWwF4g

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...sodeGuid=e432fbfa-ea72-42a8-ba2a-ad676b15b962

As a little treat to our listeners, Vance and I decided to do a podcast covering all of the weekend’s action. We breakdown all 5 games and discuss the current Arch Madness matchups (as they stand today). Fun show as always, check it out!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/35o3dPVVUWQ1Zn2kzNGb2S?si=eSvilWqLQfeynIpTs1TWWQ

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...sodeGuid=5eba0794-46f6-4efe-af77-c9c15bd297df

A big thanks to all of you listening, makes it more fun for us! Keep the feedback coming and look forward to some fun interviews and content as we get closer to Arch Madness!

Back